Monday 30 December 2013

New Year, New Start

Firstly, merry Christmas to you all (sorry it's a bit late)!

Now we've done with the standard annual greeting that occurs when we've eaten too much food and begin to plan diets that will inevitably fail due to the large amount of left over Christmas food because once again we over estimated how much we'd eat, I'll get into the nitty gritty, and reassure that you're not going mad by explaining why all my old blog posts have mysteriously disappeared.

Well towards throughout the last month it hasn't been a secret that I wasn't feeling exactly myself. I was miserable 80% of the time and spent 99.9% moping around feeling sorry for myself pretending like I was feeling fine. It all boils down to coping with a long distance relationship, and coming to terms with that. However, being miserable isn't who I naturally am and it was actually becoming more of a struggle to dwell on how miserable I was then it was to perk up and get on. So when I was reading over the last couple of months blog posts and realising that my miserable attitude was reflected in boring, mundane and repetitive blog posts I realised I needed to snap out of it and start fresh.

I.e. delete all blog posts and start from scratch. Possibly a bit of a rash decision but, determined to make this a better blog, and more enjoyable, both for me to write and for you to read, I feel it was the right one at this time. On the note of rash decisions I also deleted the Australian blog. I decided I didn't need a whole blog dedicated to that small part of my life, I will post on here about all things Aus-related and once I'm out there the blog will probably become dominated by it as I will probably have very little time to blog about anything else.

Apart from the absence of boring, repetitive posts the blog will be largely the same. From tomorrow (Monday 30th) it will continue as a daily blog (again until I go to Australia when blogging will depend on wifi availability) largely with themed days. Monday, Wednesday and Friday will continue as they have done (motivational, reads, wrap-up) but Tuesday will change to become Tuesday Travels, and Thursday will become Thursday Talks. This will be to ensure I continue to blog about Australia and other travels that come after Australia for those who are interested and also so that we don't lose the time when I can just ramble about something I want to, and also so you guys can interact with me and let me know what you want to hear from me about. I have also decided to keep it less formal, so if I decide that I don't want to be motivational one Monday but would rather post a DIY video, or on a Wednesday I'd rather blog about my favourite new lipstick over the book I'm currently reading then I will do so. But it will be daily. Promise. With a pinky.

I hope you continue to enjoy the blog and I look forward to making sure this is as much of an exciting read for you as it can be.

Until tomorrow, keep smiling, Emily :)

No comments:

Post a Comment