Friday 3 July 2015

Exploring the tropical North | The Travel Diaries


If you read my last travel diaries, I know it's been a while, or follow me on Instagram, you'll know that Jack and I ventured up to Cairns last week. It's part of Australia we've been talking about seeing since I arrived over a year ago. So when some time off from the farm was suggested we knew exactly what was in order.


As with any Australian drive it was long and arduous. But 20 hours and two shattered backpackers later we arrived in Trinity Beach, just outside of Cairns where we'd be staying for our trip. A whole blog post about accomodation and tour operators will be coming up once I have proper internet  so keep your eyes peeled for that if your planning a trip to Cairns soon or just want some ideas for good way to get accommodation and tours. 


Throughout the week we did a few tours and also took ourselves out to different places. I think it's important to do both when you're travelling as sometimes with tours you don't have the time to look at things as much as you could but the extra information you can get from tour guides is excellent. I would highly recommend booking a couple of day tours when you next go on a trip.


There's lots of lovely places in the Cairns area that are a must if you're around that way. Daintree, Mossman and Port Douglas are just a few on the list but again they'll be a blog post about the 5 must do things in Cairns region coming up shortly so I won't spoil it for you. 


Of course the diving the Great Barrier Reef is a must do for anyone visiting Australia and Cairns is a great place to do it with a heap of tour operators going out to various locations every day of the week. Make sure you do your research before booking though. Another post all about this coming soon but I will say now Jack and I had an amazing experience and I would highly recommend it to anyone who's visiting the Queensland coast.


Cairns is a beautiful spot in Queenslands tropical North surrounded by the wet tropics on one side and the barrier reef on the other it's literally a tropical paradise. There's heaps to do and see but it's a must see spott and comes highly recommended from me to you. Look out for all future blog posts in what I suppose you could call a tropical North mini series.

Until next time,

Emily x

P.S. For more photos of my trip head over to my Instagram, the link is in the right hand side bar. 





2 comments:

  1. beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing!
    x,Abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I'm glad you enjoyed it! Don't forget to check back in the coming weeks for Cairns posts! Xx

      Delete