Sunday 2 August 2015

Sunday is sheets day




Happy Sunday everyone! 

My Sunday is nearly over now. I've just tucked into a beautiful steak followed by a nice, healthy apple, pear and peach crumble made by yours truly. So based on that alone I think it's fair to say that I've had a pretty good Sunday.

But it goes a lot further than that. I've been exposed to the idea of washing our bed sheets on a Sunday rather than mid-week and I am completely taken by it. I got the idea from Holly of the podcast Bookish Blether which I highly recommend to any book lovers out there looking for more excuses to be bookish. 

So from now on, Sunday is the day when our sheets get washed. Is there anything better than getting into bed when the sheets are fresh and pulled tight and cosy? I think not. And on a Sunday when Monday morning is literally around the corner it makes everything a bit better.

However this isn't where the idea ends and it only gets better. Better how? I hear you cry.

Well it gets better with books, so if you're not into books and reading perhaps it doesn't get better so you just stick with the sheets. However, if you're into books and reading then read on. 

Clean sheets plus a new book is the ultimate goal here. So from here on out I aim to read a book a week and finish by Sunday so I can get into bed on a Sunday with fresh sheets and a fresh book. I'm excited by this prospect however, I'm not going to put loads of pressure on myself to finish a book every week as that can ruin the reading experience however I will aim to start new books on a Sunday as the idea of getting into a nice, clean warm bed with a new book to get lost in is a concept I just can't pass up on.

Well I hope you all have a fabulous Sunday, I'm off to get into my bed with 'Catcher in the Rye'. If you're Sunday's just starting maybe pop those sheets in the wash and decide what you might pick up to read this evening.

Don't forget to let me know what you're reading and if you've got any recommendations for me.

Until next time, 

No comments:

Post a Comment