Saturday 18 October 2014

What's in my bag?

Anyone who knows me knows I’m a bag person. I love handbags, you could say I’m an addict but I personally wouldn’t go that far though my mum probably would. So of course, having not brought a handbag to Australia with me, I had to buy one. Yes had to. I made Jack stop at the Meyer in Mackay for that exact purpose before we went and met Robin to check into the motel she’d booked us for the night. They both said they didn’t mind, I think they probably lied.

Anyway, I bought my lovely little black handbag in the Miss Shop department of Meyer and I love it. It’s the perfect size, it fits all my essentials in it without Jack being justified in calling it a ‘suitcase’. Black bags are great as they go with everything which is perfect for travelling as the bag goes with whatever I‘m wearing. The gold detailing give it a little bit extra zing and class as well faux leather material. The zip and twist lock on it make it great for security when walking around the cities as well which is again, great for travelling. 

I tend to overstuff my bags but out here I’m trying to keep it to the bare minimal. You’ll always find my Golunski purse tucked inside which I bought in T.K Maxx about two years ago and love. I love the bright colours and it has ample pockets and card slots for everything I need in my purse. Another staple is obviously my iPhone 5, now donning a little crack with a red Belkin case to match my purse, as well as at least one of my camera’s - either the Canon 1100D or the Canon Ixus (some numbers I can’t remember here) but normally they’ll both be in there.

I also always carry a moisturising cream of some kind for my hands and face if we’re on a long trip in the van - air conditioning dehydrates the skin like nothing else. At the moment the little pot of Nivea soft is still serving me well but once it’s empty I’ll probably just re-fill the little pot with whatever moisturiser I’ve got on the go at the time. I also carry my Blistex and Burts Bee’s lip balms with me as my lips seriously crack in the head so it’s good to keep them hydrated. You can’t get the English girl out of me that easy though and of course there’s a packet of tissues in there for any emergency that may occur. 

Yes that is a pair of socks you spy. They’re not always in there but if we’re on a long journey my feet tend to get cold so they’re in there just in case. I also tend to carry my diary and notebook with me just in case I get any ideas for blog posts or something whilst out and about or in the van. 

If we’re out wandering around I’d also have a bottle of water and sun cream in there, probably instead of the notebooks, as they’re an essential out here.

So that’s it, decide to thief my bag and that’s what you’ll have. 

2 comments:

  1. The bag you picked is beautiful! I love black and gold together. I always put a ton of stuff in my bags too, especially sunscreen and notebooks!!

    Ali
    Pretty in Python

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry it's taken so long to reply, black and gold is so classic! I'm glad I'm not the only one who breaks their shoulder carrying their handbag! Haha!
      Emily :)

      Delete