Wednesday 6 April 2016

Cheat Week

The One in a Million Boy Monica Wood

I haven't posted a TBR jar post in a little while and that would be because I received a book from Love Reading. 

So I've come of the TBR 20 track a little bit but I didn't spend any money on the book so it's not really the end of the world. Also this was a book that I was really excited to read so couldn't wait to get into it when it arrived in my letter box.

'The One in a Million Boy' by Monica Wood has been compared to 'The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry', 'Our Endless Numbered Days', 'Elizabeth is Missing' and the like so it's got a lot to live up too. I've read 'The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry' and 'Our Endless Numbered Days' and I thought they were great books so it was a case of fear in that I might be disappointed because it didn't live up to those titles, but was still a good book. 

I've been reading the book for a week or so now. It's been tough to get into and get going with but it is enjoyable and I can understand why it's been compared to the books it has. It's got the same feeling and atmosphere as them. However it isn't an easy read in the same I found other books its been compared to were. 

I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes and I'm looking forward to sharing it with you when I get to the end.

I loved the Marble Collector. It was one of my favorite Cecelia Ahern novels by far. The story was beautiful and the characters were really developed and created. My full review will be up soon cause I need to stop before I get gushy. 

Until next time, 

No comments:

Post a Comment