Friday 29 April 2016

Currently | April 2016


I thought it was about time I did another currently post. I haven't done one since February, but I really enjoy creating them and also enjoy watching or reading similar things by other people. They're a great of finding new things to enjoy and also collecting all the things I've loved through the month and sharing them with all you lovely readers. 

April has been a lovely month and it's really beginning to feel like Spring is here and Summer is just around the corner. I've actually worn sunglasses home from work for pretty much a week now. I LOVE IT. I'm looking forward to making lots of plans through the summer that I can share on here and really take full advantage of being able to get out in the sun in the evening. 

For now though, here's what I've been loving through April.

Food
Coffee and banana shake

You drink it more than you eat it, unless like me you use the wrong attachment for your magic bullet and the banana doesn't actually get blended. But I'm loving a coffee and banana shake. We all know I'm a coffee fiend and now the weather is warmer a cold coffee shake or blend is the perfect morning treat. Blended up with a banana adds a touch of sweetness and served cold is the perfect way to start a spring morning. I've been particularly enjoying this on a Saturday morning whilst doing chores and lazing around a bit while poor Jacks slaving hard at work. And the best thing is it's so easy to make

Recipe:

1 cup of cold coffee (coffee of your choice)
1 cup of milk (Almond milk is great alternative in this if you don't eat/drink dairy)
1 bannana

Put it all into a blender and whiz until it's all smooth and combined.

Don't you it was easy, didn't I? 

Reading
I fell of the reading wagon a bit. After 'The One in a Million Boy' by Monica Wood for Love Reading. It was a good book. Just good though. It took me a long time to get into it, to get through and I haven't really thought about it since. I'm looking forward to opening up another TBR star and getting stuck in again. 

Lifestyle
Whilst doing our weekly shop in Sainsbury's the other day I spotted a pack of three muslin cloths by Dirty Works for £3. They were reduced from £4 but even a full price they're a bargain. I currently only have the two that came with my Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish and I'm forever wishing I had more because I use them everyday which means they're always dirty. Also I finally sorted out my beautiful Kikki K planner that Jack bought me or Valentines Day. I went for the printable from Crossbow Printables on Etsy and I love them! I can jot down everything I want to and I feel super organised with them and my planner. 

Travel
Now the sun has out its been really good to get out and about and enjoy our home town again. After being away for a while it's been like re-discovering it all again. We haven't really travelled anywhere apart from little towns and villages in Sussex that we love and enjoy exploring. Sussex in summer can't be beaten. The only downside is the wasps. 

So that's my month. What have you been up to recently?

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment