Wednesday 28 September 2016

What's in my makeup bag?


Today I thought I'd share with you a few products that I'm loving right now. These are products that, at the moment, I'm using everyday and loving. Some of them are old staples that I've re-purchased but there are a couple of newer things that have wormed there way into my everyday makeup bag.

Base

I don't wear a proper foundation everyday. I find it's too heavy and just unnecessary for day-to-day. Instead I use Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream. I find for everyday it's just what I need. It brightens my skin and makes me look more alive as well as evening out my skin tone. If you want a lot of coverage this probably isn't going to be enough for you as it's very light, also if you've got oily skin and don't like shine steer right away. 

I've also been using the Bourjois Radiance Reveal concealer underneath my eyes and in any spots that just need an extra lift or a bit more coverage. I love this concealer for any dark shadows under my eyes and really is brightening as well as giving good coverage. If I've got a spot brewing I'd use the 17 Phwoarr Paint as it's got better coverage for things like that but is definitely to heavy for a large area of uneven skin tone.

If I've got a day when I know I'm going to need makeup to last a little longer I'd also use Maybelline's Matte Maker Mattifying Powder which I've only been using a week or so but really like. It's not so matte that it doesn't let a bit of highlight through but it takes off any excess shine and just makes my make up a little more durable.

Cheeks etc.

If you've been reading this blog for a while you will know that I've been using the Body Shop Baked Bronzer for a LONG time. I love it. I find it subtle, not too orange and perfect for my fair skin. It add's a touch of sun kissed-ness without making me look like I've had a fake tan accident. It also works really well as a subtle everyday contour. 

In a recent goody bag from Clinique I got a Chubby Stick Cheek Colour Balm and was excited to try it. I've been using it ever since and love it. It's such an easy blush to use, you can blend it out so it's really sheer or apply it heavier if you prefer. I like it really sheer just on the apples of my cheeks for a rosy tint. It's also really glossy to gives a nice highlighty glow. 

Eyes

I picked up the NYX dream catcher shadow pallet in Dusk til Dawn a few weeks ago on a whim. I like it, I don't love it but it's got a nice variety of natural shimmer and matte colours that are easy for everyday. The matte colorus aren't as pigmented which is a shame  as I'd use them more if they were as pigmented as the shimmer shades. 

I have a love hate relationship with eyeliners. I use pen ones because they're easy to use and quick but they dry out so quickly. I'm currently using Maybelline's Master Precise and it is easy to use and precise which is great. At the moment I'm loving it but we'll see how long it lasts. 

For eyelashes I'm using Benefit's They're Real and I love it. It gives volume and length without being clumpy. It's my perfect mascasra and I will definitely be re-purchasing. 

Lips

For everyday I tend to avoid lipstick as I haven't got time to keep an eye on it that it's not fading or flaking, or to keep topping it up. For that reason I tend to use a Clinique Chubby Stick in the morning and top it up if I remember but if not just use Lucas' Paw Paw ointment (which I haven't found to buy anywhere in the UK - crying face) to keep my lips from getting chapped.  The chubby sticks are great for a pop of colour without maintenance and Paw Paw ointment is the best lip rescue I've found so will definitely be re-purchasing. 

What products can't you leave the house without at the moment? Have you tried any of these or got any eyeliner recommendations for me?

Until next time,




No comments:

Post a Comment