Wednesday 16 November 2016

SKINSTITUT Final Thoughts

Skincare products worth trying

It's been two months since I received my Skinstitut products from RY and started adding them to my skincare routine. I figured, seeing as I said I'd let you know how I was getting on with them after a month, now was a good time to check back in and let you all know what my thoughts on the products were after using them for a good amount of time.

By far my favourite product from the range was the Even Blend Serum. I felt like it did exactly what it said on the tin. It made my skin tone look a lot more even, faded a bit of scarring and just generally made my skin look a lot fresher. I also feel that since using it my skin has felt a lot more hydrated and just generally healthier. This is the first serum I've used so I have nothing to compare it to but I'd definitely recommend it if you suffer from uneven skin tone, dark spots or scarring.

The L-Lactic Cleanser and Enzymatic Micro Peel are products I really liked and would consider going back to. They definitely made my skin feel cleaner and more fresh and my skin has been clearer for using them. Also the cleanser seems to be lasting for ages so it's definitely worth the money.

The only product I wouldn't go back to because I didn't like it and didn't feel was right for my skin was the moisturiser. I received the Moisture Defence Oily Skin and it just wasn't right for my skin. Although my skin can get oily in places I still like a heavy duty moisturiser as it just makes my skin feel better. Just because you have oily skin doesn't mean you shouldn't use a really hydrating moisturiser it just means you don't want to over do it in oils. This moisturiser missed the mark for me. It wasn't hydrating enough for my skin and I wouldn't go back to it. 

The Age Defence SPF 50+ was a nice product but at bit OTT. In the morning, which is obviously when you'd ben using an SPF, you want something east and quick to absorb and this wasn't that. It felt sticky on my skin for a long time and the formula was very quick for an SPF. Personally I prefer a light day moisturiser that contains SPF as a second moisturise in the morning so this wasn't for me but it's not something I'd write off completely.

All in all the range was pretty good. There is definitely a few products I'd go back to as my skin does feel good for using most of them daily some twice daily and it's also been clearer (until an annoying hormonal breakout that nothing could control). I'd recommend for people in their twenties or thirties who are battling an occasional breakout but it would be too much for teenage skin I think. However, Skinstitut and RY offer a huge range or products so I would definitely check them out if you're looking for something to fill a hole in your skincare routine. 

Until next time, 

Lemon Pea Lifestyle Etc







SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment