Friday 19 September 2014

A wee bit about Lemon Pea


Hello there! My name's Emily, I'm 20 years old and I'm from a little town on the south coast of England but I'm currently living in Australia travelling around that land down under in a little old van with my very lovely other half. 

So you're probably wondering where 'Lemon Pea' came from. Well let's keep this short and sweet. My family have called me Lemon Pea for as long as I can remember, more so when I was little but now more limited to when I'm sad or have done something stupid. So that's where the name of the blog came from.

This blog was originally called 'Emily J Does Things', and was under that name for about six months. It was a daily blog, and by that I mean I blogged five days a week about all sorts of different things. Travelling, books, food, fitness and just little rambling, chatty posts. The blog started a way of keeping me focused on what I wanted to do - write. And it worked. 

In January this year, I started the NCTJ course to gain journalism diploma. I carried on blogging daily throughout the course but I learned a lot during the course about online journalism and being online through social media and blogging. The course gave me a lot to think about in terms of the presence I wanted to be online. 

I always kept the blog positive and happy because that's the message I wanted to give out. And it still is so that hasn't change a bit. But the course, along with a few months in Australia has taught me a lot about the type of blog I want to be creating and the content I want to be putting out on the big old space we call the internet. 

When I got out to Australia it became impossible to blog daily due to lack of decent, if any, internet connection. I blogged when I could but they became rushed and, let's be honest, pretty boring and crappy posts, sometimes written in the early hours trying to sleep in the back of the van. I don't want that to be the blog I write. I want my readers to enjoy the content they read and feel inspired by the posts they see. Australia has also taught me a lot about being healthy and active and I am feeling healthier and more active than ever and that's a big part of what I want the blog to be.

So now we're here and I'm essentially starting again with my little corner of the internet. A new name, a new me and a whole new direction for the blog. 

It is a lifestyle blog in that I'll be blogging about the type of lifestyle I lead. But it's everything else as well, really the content won't have changed too much from before but hopefully will be a better quality, less rambly (she says as she continues writing the most rambly post ever) and with more direction and focus and continuity throughout the posts. 

Stick around if you're interested in a healthy lifestyle, personal style and good books, all accompanied by a cuppa (and maybe a biscuit).




No comments:

Post a Comment