Friday 14 November 2014

Road trip - Yamba NSW to Eaton WA



Jack and I are now in Eaton, Western Australia. That's a bloody long way from Yamba, We're here staying with my family and working, well Jack's working, I'm still looking at the moment. We arrived nearly three weeks ago after a long, tiring and boring five day drive from Yamba. In case you're wondering, and even if you're not. Yamba is on the very east coast of Australia and Eaton is on the very west coast with a 4,408km distance between them. Yes that's a long way. I'll be honest it was the most boring drive of both our lives and we do not ever want to do it again, although we'll have to. Jack was very fed up and tired understandably as he does all the driving so he had a very long rest before getting back to work.

So instead of boring you with a very interesting post about barren land, no cars and few petrol stations I thought I'd make this a mainly picture post but before that a quick break down of our five days just to give you an idea of the vastness of it all.

Day 1 - Yamba NSW - Gunnedah NSW : 503 km, 6 hours driving
Day 2 - Gunnedah NSW - Broken Hill NSW : 951 km, 10 hours driving
Day 3 - Broken Hill NSW - Ceduna SA : 881 km, 10 hours driving
Day 4 - Ceduna SA - Norseman WA : 1,200 km, 14 hours driving (yes 14 hours, the joys of time difference)
Day 5 - Norseman WA - Eaton WA : 877 km, 9 hours driving

The van in Yamba all prepped and ready

A quick stop at Coffs Harbour

The biggest strawberry I'd ever seen

The first of many sunsets

You can take a photo but I'm NOT smiling

A project worthy of a road trip

Don't forget your thongs

This has a special name over here but I can't remember it

Yes, that's go straight for 1,196km

We made it half way

Some unusual possible predicaments

The Great Australian Bight

Us ruining said Australian bight with our tiredness

I wonder how far I am from Moscow? Was not a question I asked whilst on the road 

The last of the sunsets


P,S, Don't forget to read my last blog post and visit MadeIt for great handmade gifts. 












No comments:

Post a Comment