Friday 28 November 2014

A Recipe | Hearty Fish Curry


If you follow me on Instagram you will have seen a photo of my scrummy fish curry. That was a fair few weeks ago now and, as promised, here, at last is the recipe for said curry. 

Ingredients
2 fillets of white fish of your choice (I used Basa)
1/2 onion
1 clove of garlic
1/8 chunk of pumpkin
1 red pepper
4 spring onions
1 red chilli pepper
1/2 sweet potato
Hand full of snow peas
4 mushrooms
1 mango
1 can of coconut cream
2 teaspoons of green curry paste
Pinch of chilli flakes
1 teaspoon of tarragon
1 teaspoon of cumin
1 teaspoon of tumeric
1 teaspoon of parika

I like spices


Method

  • Prepare all the ingredients. I chop all the veggies nice and chunky so the final product is a proper heart curry.
  • Fry the onion and garlic in a pan with a tablespoon or so of oil until softened
  • Add the chilli, red pepper, mushrooms and spring onions and do the same
  • One all those ingredients are lightly fried off and the coconut cream, curry paste and spices and leave to simmer for roughly 10-15 minutes to allow all the flavours to infuse in the cream. Once you've left it for a while have a taste and feel free to add more spice to your own personal tastes, if you're not so keen on spice add less then I have recommended and then you can add more later if you want to
  • Now add all the other veggies and the basa and bring the curry down to a simmer. You don't want it to boil as the fish will break down into small pieces. 
  • You can serve the curry as soon as the fish is cooked however, I left mine to simmer away for an afternoon and the result was much nicer as the flavours had more time to infuse and deepen. 
  • I served mine with rice and poppadoms and it went down a treat.

So there we are, a very simple, easy recipe with great results for every one to enjoy on a cold winter evening. I cooked this for three people and there was loads left, until they went back for seconds. I've also made this when I was in a rush and instead of adding all the different spices I added two teaspoons of vindaloo paste which worked well (although I prefer it with the individual spices) so that's another option and you could use any curry paste you like.

Let me know if you try it out in the comments, Enjoy :) 


P.S Don't forget to check out my madeit.com.au Christmas gift guide it's under a month away now ladies and gents.


No comments:

Post a Comment