Tuesday 2 December 2014

Blogmas Day 2



Today my best friend, Katrina, (pictured above, the blonde one obviously) turned 21. That's scary. It feels like every day I'm wishing someone else I went to school with 'happy twenty first birthday'. It's ridiculous it feels like only yesterday we were all turn 18 and going out to Brighton for our after prom party. I've known Katrina for seventeen years and we've celebrated nearly everyone of those seventeen birthdays together, missing out on each other's twenty first sucks. But this isn't a blog post about how I'm missing my one true love ;), this is a blog post about growing up.

Twenty one feels like the age where you're meant to be one of those together people. One of those people who carries a diary everywhere, has appointments in said diary and goes drinks expensive coffee and cool coffee. I have a diary which I forget about most days, I have zero appointments and I may drink coffee but it's normally from Macca's. In other words I don't feel like a grown up, together person yet and I'm here to say that's okay.

Twenty one is young. Twenty one is fun so enjoy it while you can because one day you're going to be going to work everyday, hopefully doing something you love, paying off a mortgage, for a house you hopefully love, and even probably bringing up children, which hopefully you love more than the job and the house but you know swings and roundabouts. When all those things happen you don't have the opportunities or time to go cycling through the streets in the dark singing One Direction songs or travelling around the world or drinking two babycino's in Costa because you're a cheap skate and don't want to fork out for a proper hot chocolate.

I turn twenty one in three days and I'm in a different country having experiences I never thought I'd get the oppurtunity to have. At twenty, nearly twenty one, I've finally found something I really love doing. Travelling. And although when I get home I have every intention of getting a car and a job and possibly think about moving out, I want to travel. I want to see everything the world has to offer me and I may be twenty one in a few days, and maybe that is, or was, the age you became an adult. But who cares, be an adult who has fun and continues to learn and grow and be inspired by everything.

I'm twenty one in three days and I still have no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment