Friday 6 March 2015

A little life update

Photo credit

So, it's been a while. Sorry about that. After my week full of blog posts I was really hoping to get back into blogging on a more regular basis but as always life threw a bit of a curve ball. 

Due to the lack of work in Yamba we decided we'd head to Brisbane to try and get work and earn the money required to see some more of the things we want to see. We weren't sure about it at first because neither of us are really city people and we're both of the opinion that we could work in a city pretty much anywhere in the world and they're all really, pretty much the same once you've done all the little touristy things there are too. 

However, we realised it would be a different experience to the one we've had so far out here and it would be as close to real life as we could get. Proper jobs, paying rent etc, etc. So we figured why not give it a go. It was also our best chance for earning good money relatively close to where we already where. 

So yes, I'm writing this to you from Brisbane with the sound of city traffic rushing past my third floor apartment bedroom window. We're living with friends of ours that live, work and study here full time and I think it's working out really well so far. 

However, this doesn't explain why there was a lack of blog posts. Well when we arrived Connor and Laura had no wifi set up in the apartment. Of course I had 3G on my phone but I was saving that for looking for the much needed job that still hasn't arrived as of yet, but soon fingers crossed. So with no wifi I was unable to get on my laptop to get some new blog posts down on any sort of regular basis so I made the executive decision to leave blog posts alone until I could write them properly on my laptop with decent photos and be relatively regular about it. So that's that I hope you can forgive me.

On the relatively regular note however, there is another update point to make. I say relatively because I don't want to make promises to so many blog posts a week on certain days. In a recent blog post I mentioned how blogging for me is a hobby and is for fun and I don't want to take away from that by forcing myself to write something purely because I've said I'd post something on that day. I've done this in the past and can sometimes lead to poor, un-planned, disorganised blog posts. Therefore, all though posts will hopefully be relatively regular, there's no schedule and no promises so that if I don't have something to write you don't end up reading something rubbish. I want all posts to be posts I'm proud to put forward into the interwebs. 

And that's that. A little update on where I am, what I'm up to and all about relatively regular posts. 

I hope you're all well. And remember you can tweet at me, like the page on facebook or comment below to let me know what posts you like most and what you'd like to see more of on Lemon Pea lifestyle. 

So, until next time

1 comment:

  1. Loving the image, it really makes me miss Brisbane. I'm hoping to come up next month so if i do an you are still there we will have to meet up. Don't forget there is free wifi in Brisbane on Southbank if you need to upload your posts.

    Emily Louise
    The Reluctant Wanderlust

    ReplyDelete