Wednesday 7 May 2014

Hand luggage packing | The Travel Diaries #3






I'm using a backpack purely for ease. Lugging a massive handbag around is not ideal and also I can use a backpack when I'm out and about doing outdoors things in Australia. I'm also taking a tote bag in my main luggage for days where I don't need such a big bag but for hand luggage this bag is the perfect size and really easy for carrying around busy airports.

Travel Wallet
I can't find the exact travel documents wallet I have but it's by an Italian brand called Sienna de Luca but I got mine in TK Maxx which is great shop for things like purses and travel wallets. Travel wallets are great for keeping all those important documents together, passport, boarding pass, money and anything else you need to carry with you. Definitely a good investment for travelling.

A Plastic Wallet
Whilst travel wallets are great, I need to take quite a lot of paper work for the bank and visa requirements so I'm also taking a zip close plastic wallet so all the paper work can be kept in one place and won't get lost or crinkled shoved in the bottom of my bag.

Notebooks, Kindles & Books
I'm taking a notebook with me to keep as a sort of travel journal and no doubt I'll want to write in it on the plane so it's going in my hand luggage. I got my notebook from Homesense (the home version of TK Maxx) and I love it. I'm also taking my Kindle, and two real books - The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger and Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell. I've got loads of books on my Kindle to read in Aus (check out my goodreads for the full list) but the two hard books I'm taking are books I've had on my shelf for ages and really want to get around to and I thought the plane could be a good oppurtunity.

Purse
Again I couldn't find my exact purse but it's by a brand by Golunski and I got it in TK Maxx. I love my purse it's so bright and has plenty of space for everything I need in it. It's a really good quality and of course I couldn't leave the country without it.

The bag I keep my headphones in came with my Louis Vuitton bag but it's really handy for keeping my headphone's in them to prevent them from getting damaged. I love my headphones, I think the colour is lovely and they're really comfortable. They're great for flights as earphones have a tendency to fall out and hurt my ears after a while they also help to drain out the noise of the engine which can make me a bit nervous if I can't distract myself from it.

Cables and stuff
I'm taking my chargers in my hand luggage so I can keep all my devices charged if I they run out and I'm sure something will run out. I'm also taking my earphones that come with my phone as if I want to skype or facetime someone when I'm away I can do it a bit more privately and also headphones aren't always appropriate.

For more information on what's in my on flight beauty bag check out yesterday's blog post

Cameras
I'm taking two cameras with me my DSLR, Canon 1100D and my compact camera, Nikon Coolpix S3100.  I explained more about why in my technology post but it's basically because of the possibility of not being able to keep both charged and also I won't want to be lugging my DSLR around everyday if I know me and Jack are going to be popping into a supermarket and that's it, or something. 

I'm also taking my laptop with me as hand luggage but purely because I can do so for no extra cost with Korean Air. I probably won't go near it on the flight but at least I know it's not being bashed around in the load. 

So that's it, my hand luggage done and dusted. What do you take in your hand luggage? 


No comments:

Post a Comment