Tuesday 6 May 2014

The beauty bags | The Travel Diaries #2


We all want to carry on looking good when we're travelling but weight restrictions, and not wanting to pack your face with make up whilst trying to get a decent tan can make it a little tricky at times. When I'm abroad the last thing I want to be doing when I'm hot, and therefore pores are open, is putting make up on my face everyday, so quite frankly I don't. But there are a few occasions when putting a little make up is wanted to I always take a few bits and pieces with me just in case such occasion could arise.

I take two bags of beauty things with me, one for in flight beauty (but more skin care needs) and one for general make up. For in flight beauty bits a clear bag is necessary as a lot of beauty items are liquids, this also means they have to be under 100 ml. I got my clear plastic bag in Asda and it came with travel sized Nivea items which was handy. However, some plastic bags just come on their own or with empty plastic bottles. It can be a pain decanting lots of your full sized items for one flight so this is the time when samples come in handy. A lot of brands also now do travel sized products, all under 100 ml which is great.

In my handy little purchase I got Nivea Gentle Facial Cleansing Wipes. These will be really handy just for a quick freshen up when I get on the plane but more for when we're landing and I just feel a bit gross and want a quick way to feel a bit less groggy. I also got a Sun Protect Lip Balm. I was going to get an SPF lip balm anyway as I don't want to take my Carmex because it will probably melt so the fact that this came with the bag was handy. The bag also came with the Smooth Nourishing Hand Cream and the Pearl & Beauty Roll-on deodorant. Both these items will be handy throughout my trip but also on the plane making sure I'm as fresh as possible and also that my hands aren't drying up. The whole bag with those items cost £5 so it was a great bargain cause there's no way I could have got all those things and the bag for that price otherwise.

In my carry on beauty bag I'll also be taking my Champneys Cleansing Milk, Superdrug's Vitamin E Eye Cream and a small pot of Nivea Soft Moisturiser (this didn't come in the bag). When you're on a flight, even if it's not a long one it's so important to keep your skin moisturised as the plane air will dry it out so much. Regular moisturising sessions throughout the flight will make sure your skin remains soft and well hydrated to avoid any break outs or horrid dry patches. Nivea Soft is my all time favourite moisturiser and I was so happy when I found a flight friendly size in Boots but I'll also be taking my regular 300ml pot to keep me going on my travels.

I'm not taking any make-up on the plane and I probably won't wear any to the airport, if I do it will be just mascara. However, I am taking a few bits and pieces in case I feel there's an occasion when I want to wear some. You never know Jack might surprise me and take me to a fancy restaurant.

So in my make up bag for Australia I've got Olay's BB cream with a touch of foundation. This blends perfectly to your skin tone so it's great for if you get a tan as you don't need to worry about buying something different when your face starts getting darker. I don't like wearing foundation in the heat anyway, I don't even like wearing it in the summer in England so this is great alternative because it's light and more like a tinted moisturiser than a foundation but with enough coverage to get rid of any redness. I'm also taking my Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. This concealer is beauty staple and I'm just taking mainly for dark circles over blemishes just in case there's days where we're not slobbing in the van and I want to look human rather than zombie. I've got my Body Shop Baked Bronzer safely in my bag for a bit of extra glow and shimmer cause my skin is bound to begin looking tired and dull after a few weeks so this should help liven it up a bit if needed. And obviously I'll be taking my Rimmel Kohl Eyeliner in black and my Revlon Lash Potion Mascara also in Black. I literally look dead without mascara so I'll probably don a little everyday and the eyeliner is always necessary. I'll never forget watching America's next top model once and Tyra said all you need is concealer, mascara, eyeliner and lipgloss. So that's the theme here.

I'll also be taking a couple of brushes with me just incase and also for blending and obviously for the bronzer it is necessary. So I'll be taking my real techniques buffing brush from the core collection and powder brush (which I use for bronzer). I'll also be taking an eyebrow brush to tame those unruly caterpillars and my eyelash curler because it's essential okay.

So that's it my travel beauty bags in a few paragraphs. Let me know what you're taking on your holidays in your beauty bags and if you think there's anything I've missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment