Monday 5 May 2014

In my week off | The travel diaries #1

My Instagram

So I've been absent for a week, I know so much for daily blogging. Well last week was my last week at NCTJ and I had two exams but I wasn't living in Hove so everything felt very rushed. I decided, after missing two posts, that I'd give myself a week off, a half term of sorts, and get back to it this week. So this week is my last week at home before Australia so this weeks posts are all going to be very travel orientated and then posts will be probably few and far between due to inconsistent wifi. But today's post is a bit of a wrap up of what I did on my week off.

The week actually began quite well. I had a friends graduation party so it was the perfect way to let my hair down after a day and a half of exams. There was lots of dancing with friends and lots of out of tune singing but it was a really enjoyable evening and I think the graduate had a good night and thats always a good thing. It couldn't carry on though of course.

My mum stood on my toe. I thought she'd just stood on it turns out she'd bent my big toenail back. That was nice of her right? What are mum's for if not sending you to A&E at the end of a good party with your brother's girlfriend to hold your hand. Thank god  Millie copes well with blood and crying me. She can be my midwife when, in the very distant future, the time comes. Anyway a couple of hours later I was at home and in bed and still a little high from some gas and air - a horrible experience. But it's pretty much back to normal now so that's good.

The rest of the week was pretty much spend revising for public affairs and practicing shorthand. Oh the joys. But that's done now and hopefully I can now do shorthand to 100 words a minute, I'll find out Wednesday so keep everything crossed for me. I did manage to keep the healthy eating up though, even if exercise was long abandoned in between Eastenders in shorthand and learning about local government structure.

We hit 1 week til Aus, that was exciting and slightly scary. Everything's finally coming together. I have all documents needed printed and in my new travel documents wallet. I've got money pretty much sorted so that's good. And me and Jack are finally able to really look forward to seeing each other.

Had to say goodbye to some of my favourite people though. My fellow NCTJers who will be sorely missed after 3 months of quite intense time together. I'm hoping to keep in touch with them cause they are lovely people and I get on with them so well. But I also had to say goodbye to some friends from home over the weekend. Jack's brother's. It's the last time I'll probably see them before I go and James joins the army on July 20th so it got a touch emotional but we all know he'll be fine if missed a lot. I'll miss them all of course they're lovely lads and I'm not afraid to say they've come to mean a lot to me.

But a send off wouldn't be a send off without a fire, some marshmallows and a homemade meal, profiteroles courtesy of me. A good evening once again and know dodgy toenail incidents so onwards and upwards.

The past couple of evenings I've enjoyed evening walks with my family in the local area. Enjoying the beautiful Sussex scenery that I'm lucky enough to call home before jetting off.

So that was my week away from blogging. Quite hectic, emotional but enjoyable. So tomorrow will be a bit different again so here's to some travel posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment