Wednesday 25 February 2015

The travellers make up bag



If you ask anyone that knows me they will tell you I'm a make up hoarder. I love make up - wearing it, buying it, everything about it. But, when you're travelling around the last thing you want is to be weighed down with loads of make up both in terms of luggage and on your face. However, I like to know I've got something should the occasion arise when I want to dress up a little bit more - going for dinner, going for drinks, these are instances when I'd want a little bit of make up. So I've compiled a list of the things I think you should take travelling for those occasions without the feeling of being weighed down by make up.

Base wise I'd opt for a light foundation such as Rimmel's Wake Me Up or a BB cream. Both of these will give nice coverage without being cakey. The Wake Me Up foundation and BB creams also have the effect of making the skin look light and dewy for that alive, awake look even if you're really not. In Australia you can by a foundation stick with zinc that acts as a UV shield. Its a heavier coverage than a BB cream of the Rimmel foundation but I find it really great just as a concealer. A must for bases in Australia is that they contain SPF so make sure they do before purchasing. 

I also have a concealer for under my eyes as I'm prone to dark circles. When I was working on the farms and doing 10-12 hour days they were particularly bad and that's when I really found this to be an essential. I really like the Rimmel Match Perfection concealer for under eyes. 

A great idea for make up when travelling is make up that can multi task. I use a Revlon quad of eye shadows both for eyeshadows but also for my eyebrow colour. Obviously for this to work you'll have to find a quad with a colour that works for your brows but something that will work for a neutral eye as well. Also a bronzer. You may think how is that a multi tasking product. I've found if I want just a bit of gold on my eye lids as a something but not too much look my Body Shop bronzer is great. 

However, when it comes to eyes all you really need is a decent eyeliner and mascara. I have a waterproof and non-waterproof mascara as non-waterproof is so much easier to remove but out here you never know when you're going to end up at the beach. I've found a kohl eyeliner is better than liquid as you can smudge it out for a more smokey look. 

Something else to note is the price of make up. When you're travelling things might get broken in your bag or lost or left somewhere so cheaper, drugstore brands are the way forward here, I think. Also most days you probably won't wear any make up so you don't want expensive stuff just sitting around possibly going off. 

So that's my travel make up bag, what are your essentials for travelling?

Until next time, 


No comments:

Post a Comment