Sunday 10 January 2016

My kind of Sunday


sunday sesh

Sundays are one of, if not, my favourite day of the week. They're so relaxing and chilled that, despite the following day being Monday, I just feel completely care free and, well, relaxed. If you don't feel refreshed and ready for the following week by Sunday evening, you've done Sunday wrong. 


Sunday's are a day to indulge for me. That normally means a really good breakfast that I wouldn't normally have time to make in the week. Eggs on toast, a proper full English, pancakes - something like that. Also pudding has to be on the menu. This week Jack and I went full on yummy indulgence and whipped up Jamie Oliver's sticky toffee pudding, which is so delicious you don't even care about the naughty. Definitely one for a wintry Sunday evening though. 


As you will well know if you've been reading the blog for a little while, Sunday's are the day I like to try and pick up a new book to enjoy throughout the next week. This week I picked up 'Our Endless Numbered Days' by Claire Fuller. It's something I've heard a little bit about and a few of my favourite booktubers have spoken about so when I saw it for £3.99 in Sainsburys I couldn't really leave it there. 


Sunday is also a day when, after having a lazy morning and a scrumptious breakfast, I like to enjoy a lovely long walk. I'm really lucky to live in a beautiful part of England where there's a lot's of countryside and beautiful landscapes to enjoy. Jack and I love being outside so we like to take the time, when we have it, to enjoy it as much as we can. Three dogs to take for walks also helps. And of course the only way to end a Sunday is with a hot bubble bath and no distractions. 


So that's my idea of a perfect Sunday. I hope you had a lovely weekend and very relaxing Sunday, what's your favourite way to spend your Sunday? I hope you have a great week.

Until next time,


No comments:

Post a Comment