Friday 19 February 2016

My favourite cleansers for all budgets

Cheap cleansers


This New Year I've been super vigilant with my skincare. I made a resolution, but more of a promise to myself, that I would really stick to a good skin care routine that worked for my skin and my level of patience. Which is limited.

For me skin care needs to be easy without too much faffing as I do my skincare mainly early in the morning and before I go to bed at night. I also don't like using anything that is too strongly scented or or feel to heavy on my skin. 

At the age of 22 I feel I'm at an age where I should have my skincare down and for a few years it's been a bit hit and miss. I've had periods where I've used skin care that's made me break out, suffer with dry skin, all sorts. However recently I've been really selective when finding skincare and sticking to what works rather mixing and matching around too much. 

On that note here are a few cleansers that work for any budget and I think are great.


I love this cleanser. I really feels like your face is super clean after you've used it. The bottle advises 1-2 pumps but I find I really only need one unless I'm wearing A LOT of make up which doesn't happen very often. You just massage the product into your face and leave for a few seconds, then just wash it off with a muslin cloth of flannel. Make sure you rinse your cloth regularly whilst doing this though. 


This cleanser is so gorgeous. It' super moisturising and makes your skin feel great as well as looking very glowy and healthy. You use it similar to the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, massage into your face and remove with a warm cloth. I like to do this twice with this cleanser because it feels like it's doing wonders for my skin.


 This is very similar to the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish. The formula is very similar, the scent is very similar, the way use it is virtually identical and the way it leaves you skin feeling is very similar. The only thing that's different is this product is in a tube and the Liz Earle is a pump - and this one is better for the bank account.  


I really love the Botanics range by boots. it's all natural producs and everything I've used has never had adverse effects on my skin and always feels really nice and calming. (I also like their hot cloth cleansing balm but I didn't feel I could really include another hot cloth cleanser without this becoming 'my favourite hot cloth cleansers for all budgets'). This one is lovely and silky and does a really good job of removing make up. It doesn't irritate your skin and is really calming and feels very soothing. With this you just apply it all over your neck and face and wipe away with a cotton pad. Very easy. 

All these cleaners are really lovely and gentle and most of them say you can use it on your eyes to remove eye makeup but I wouldn't. Your eyes and the skin around them are so delicate so I would always use an eye make up remover for my eyes and use these sort of cleansers for my skin only. 

Let me know if you try any of these, or have tried any of these products and let me know what you think.

Until next time,


No comments:

Post a Comment