Thursday 11 February 2016

The TBR Jar




I reached the last page of 'Our Endless Numbered Days', it took me a moment to register it all. I don't like rushing away from the end of a book and I don't like rushing straight into another. I like to sit and think about it, mull over it, gather some thoughts about it, probably wait until at least the next day to pick up the next one. 

However, I finished this one and, on no account of how good or bad the book was, I couldn't wait to pick my first star out of my TBR jar.

I made my TBR jar right at the beginning of January after deciding to have a go a TBR 20. A challenge to read 20 books you already own before buying anymore. The first star equals the first book of my TBR challenge, so, so far I'm doing well.

The next book I'll be reading is Bill Bryson's 'Notes from a Big Country.' The only book I've read of his before is Mother Tongue which I read for my English Language A Level. I've heard a lot about his travel writing though and have been meaning to dip my toe in the water for a while , so this was a good way to push myself into it. 

'Our Endless Numbered Days' was my first book of the year and I really enjoyed it, but a review will be up shortly so you can read all y thoughts then.

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment