Wednesday 1 February 2017

Dear February

Lifestyle Blog

Dear February,

Well you're here already, how did that happen? Thirty one days ago I was getting ready to welcome the new year in and now here we are, a month down yet it feels like no time at all has passed. Why is that? Time definitely moves faster as you get older, that's one thing 'they' tell you that's true. (Who is they by the way - peers, old wise people, who knows?) It's scary though, time, especially when you look back on it.

Looking back on January it feels like I didn't do much but that's because nothing out of the ordinary happened. I filled January with the things I always like to fill my time with, books, writing, the fresh air, family, friends. I think we often think we haven't done anything if we're not doing things a little bit different to normal, but really we've often done more than we realise.

In January I wrote the most blog posts within a month than I've written in a long time. I went to the gym at least three days a week and worked by butt off each time. I got out and about somewhere every weekend. I cooked four of my own recipes and wrote them down to share and to remember. I actually made more headway on my Australia photo book and put all my photos from 2016 onto a memory stick ready to do the same with those. People across the world took stand against, among other things, a racist and a misogynist and proved there is more good than bad in the world - that's something I'm proud of.

January was filled with things and it's important to realise that just because you're not doing anything particularly exciting doesn't mean your not living life to the fullest. We tend to think life is passing us by to quickly and we're not making enough of it but if we're doing what we want to do and we're happy then life is being lived the best way it can be. 

So you're here February. The month of love. I hope February is filled with love. Love for each other and everyone. The world could really do with a bit more love at the moment. 

Work hard. Play hard. Be nice.





No comments:

Post a Comment