Friday 25 April 2014

Easter treats then back to reality | Finally Friday


A long Easter weekend was the ideal ending to my week last week. Stress levels were at maximum by Wednesday and a peaceful weekend at home was just what I needed. The Easter weekend was spend in the best way, in the company of good friends and family, enjoying the idyllic Sussex scenery with a few pints to begin the weekend. 

I rustled up a few treats in the kitchen over the weekend. It was Easter and a week of full on working out and healthy eating earned me Saturday mornings American pancakes. And the lemon shortbread and the carbonara and the chocolate dog courtesy of Sarah, a survivor of the rugby tour to Belgium. It was Easter and I wanted to treat myself so I did and so should everyone every now and again. Everything in moderation. 

It's so nice to have light, warm evenings again. The day is longer and I personally just feel more energised and happier when every evening isn't spent huddled round the TV donned in fluffy clothing. Spring is probably my favourite time of year. 

Tuesday was back to the grind though. The last full week of a 6am alarm though and that thought has definitely kept me going. I've been on the shorthand like a woman possessed this week, determined to get that 100 words per minute down. I'm not going to say how I feel I did cause I'm also a tad superstitious, only when it comes to exams really, and I don't want to jinx it. 

The beginning of another week also saw the return of the healthy food and plenty of exercise. Much to my pleasure. Don't get me wrong I love full fat pancakes and lots of chocolate on occasion but I definitely feel better all round for healthy food and a workout a day. Never thought I'd say that. Is this a new me? I think it might be. 

Anyway, not a bad week, not the best but definitely not the worst. Got a busy weekend with lots of seeing lovely people and lots of revision for my final exam.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend, until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment