Friday 10 June 2016

Currently | May 2016


Homemade Granola


This post is a little late this month as I decided to take a little blogging break at the end of May. I decided I still wanted to post it thought because monthly favourites are some of my favourite blog posts to read and it seems that you guys like my version too so here it is a little later than planned. 

Food

I love granola for breakfast. It's so versatile, on top of yogurt, with milk, used for bircher muesli or as a sprinkle on a smoothie bowl. Any way it's great. However, a lot of shop bought muesli has a lot of added sugar you don't always realise is there. And often there's things in it (dried banana) that I'm just not  fan of. So I decided I'd make my own. That way I knew exactly what was going into it and there wouldn't be something in it I didn't like. If you want to know the recipe for my granola, keep  your eyes open on Sunday. 

Reading

Without any eye rolling please, I've been reading 'Scarlett Says' by Scarlett Moffatt of Gogglebox fame. I don't care what anyone says I love Gogglebox and I think Scarlett is hilarious. Despite what a lot of people seem to think about her she has great ideas and is really intelligent and the book proved that. I loved it, it was a great mixture of funny stories, intelligent thought provoking thoughts and generally it was just a good entertaining, light read, perfect for summer and poolside reading. 

Lifestyle

I very rarely re-purchase beauty products because I like to try new stuff depending on new releases and also what I've read about on my favourite blogs. However, when my Body Shop Baked Brozer hit pan I nearly cried. I love it. It's a beautiful natural bronzer that is perfect for people that are slightly on the Casper the friendly ghost side of the complexion spectrum. It adds a subtle golden glow without making you look like you've had an oops moment with packet of Wotsits. 

Also I've been loving New Look's fitness range. I've picked up a few bits for my minimal exercise habits but it's great for me. I don't do a heap of exercise at the moment so I didn't want to splurge on workout gear so the New Look range is great. It's a good price for decent quality. You can't really lose. 

Travel

If you read my Hello June post, you will know that Jack and I travelled down to Bridport, more specifically Eype, in Dorset over the last bank holiday weekend. We took Jack's dogs down for the as his mum and dad were staying down there for the whole weekend. It was a lovely spot and I'd highly recommend heading down there to have an explore over the summer. It's a lovely seaside spot, with a quaint villagey feel and fantastic beaches (that you might recognise from Broadchurch). We're definitely thinking about going back there soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment