Wednesday 20 July 2016

#CurrentlyReading #2

Currently Reading


Remember when I said I was going to read 20 books before I bought any new ones? Ha! Clearly I don't know myself very well. I've bought a few a couple of books this month and I have been loving reading. I don't feel so bad because I've been racing through books at the moment so none of them have been sitting on my nightstand gathering dust while I get lost in YouTube videos or boxsets. 

In my last #CurrentlyReading post I'd just picked up Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. After finishing it I had very mixed emotions. I enjoyed reading it, I enjoyed the travelling side of it and experience new places and it really made me want to go to all of them - Italy, India and Indonesia. But I found Gilbert to be self absorbed and unaware of her own privileged that allowed her to go off travelling to all these places. I also felt that although she travelled to all these places she didn't dive head first into them and really discover all they have to offer, which personally, really bugged me. I felt like I was constantly waiting for her to show me something of the beaten track. 

When you get away from the self indulgent, annoying side of her monologue the book is enjoyable and fun. The travelling element is really fun, her writing is really good and enjoyable and the ultimate point of 'what do you want?' is really motivational and inspirational. 

I've just picked up 'Me Before You' by Jojo Moyes. Yep jumping on that bandwagon. The movie has just been in the cinema but I didn't get around to seeing it. I'm a massive book before movie believer so I figured I'd read the book before it comes out on DVD.

I'm really enjoying it so far. It's one of those books that you just lose yourself in and find yourself thinking about even when you're not reading it. The story is beautiful, the characters are beautiful and the writing is beautiful. Unless things take a dramatic turn for the worst I would definitely recommend.

However, in between picking up Me Before You and putting down Eat, Pray, Love, I also read Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon. It's about a teenage girl, Maddy, who is allergic to the world, she hasn't left the house in seventeen years. Olly, a teenage boy, moves in next door and everything changes. I loved the premise of this book, there were twists and turns and I couldn't put it down. I read it in the space of two days which is saying something considering I work 9-5 and normally can't be bothered to do anything other than veg once I get in. I'm not going to say too much more because I'm planning on doing a full review before the end of the month, so keep your eyes open for that if you're interested but unsure.

What have you been reading recently?

Until next time,


Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Bloglovin | Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment