Saturday 16 July 2016

Solo Blueberry Pancakes

Blueberry Pancakes


I love pancakes. If I had my way it would be pancake day everyday. Nutella, fruit, cheese all kinds I love them. And they're my favourite Saturday morning breakfast. However, there are mornings when either I'm on my own or no one else wants pancakes (who are those people!?!) so this is the recipe I use when I'm making my pancakes for little old me. 

You will need:

1 cup of flour
1 large egg
1 cup of milk
A pinch of salt
1 cup of blueberries 

Your favourite toppings. 

Put all the ingredients apart from the blueberries into a jug or a bowl and whisk it until the batter is smooth.

Heat up a pan with a small amount of oil. Swirl the oil around so it coats the pan. 

Add a ladle full of batter to the pan at a time. Cook on one side until small bubbles start forming. Flip the pancake and cook until golden. 

Do this until you run out of batter.

To keep the pancakes warm whilst you're cooking the others put them in an oven heated to 50c/122F. Once you've cooked all the pancakes put them on a plate and add your favourite toppings.

I went for Coconut milk ice cream, raspberries and maple syrup. But you could use Nutella, bananas whatever you fancy. The options are limitless. 

This recipe makes 3-4 pancakes so is perfect for one serving but if you can't eat them all let them cool down, wrap them in cling film and heat them up in the pan for the next morning. Pancakes all weekend, what could be better?

Hope you enjoy this recipe, let me know if you use it. 

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment