Wednesday 11 January 2017

2017 goals and resolutions

New Years Resolutions 2017


I am a massive believer, and lover, of new year resolutions and goals. I know, you don't need a new year to change something or achieve something and that's true, but for me a new year is the perfect motivation to think about what I want to achieve or do and how I can go about that. 

Last year I think I was a bit ambitious and actually ended stressing myself out because I wasn't getting around to doing all the things I wanted to do, this year I'm focusing on fewer goals and resolutions with the hope I won't feel so overwhelmed by it all. My general motto this year is work hard, play hard, be nice and with that in mind here are my resolutions. 

Blog consistently

This year I aim to blog consistently on my Monday, Wednesday, Friday schedule. I've been uhming and ahing about putting Sunday in there as well but it made me a little nervous because I've done it and failed it before. I know resolutions are about pushing yourself but I don't want to fail before I've even begun so I'm saying Monday, Wednesday, Friday for now and we'll see about Sunday as the year progresses.

As well as blogging consistently in terms of schedule I also want to blog with a constantly high quality. Looking back over my blog I hate seeing rubbish posts that haven't been considered or planned properly. They're easy to spot and it's most annoying because I know I'm capable of better. This year I want to be writing blog posts with a purpose, where the writing is good and the photos or graphics thought through properly and, wherever possible, created by me instead of found on Pinterest etc. 

Commit to exercise

Every year I say I want to exercise more regularly and every year I fail and make excuses. This year it's not going to happen. I am SO determined. I've joined the gym, last week I did two classes and loved them. I also did a few in the back end of las year that I really enjoyed. This week I've got four classes booked to go to and if I enjoy them all I will be doing the same the following week. I've found, so far, classes are definitely better for me. I feel more motivated if I book onto something and I also prefer being led rather than going into the gym and not being 100% sure what I'm really doing there

Stress less, be happy

This year I really want to focus on being the best version of me mentally as well as physically. I know when I'm stressed or anxious I'm horrible to be around. I get snappy and angry easily and cry a lot. Although my family are very understanding I still don't like it and this year I want to try and make progress to not let myself get stressed on anxious about so much. I'm aiming to focus on the bright side, not worry about what can't be changed or controlled, not let myself get into stressful situations and generally enjoy life and be happy. 

So that's it, three goals to focus on. Obviously there are other things I'd like to achieve - finish my Australia photo book so I can start on 2016 and this year, eat healthy options more often, drink more water etc etc. But on the whole these are the ones I really want to put my mind to and focus on. 

What are your goals and resolutions for the year?

Until next time,

Lemon Pea Lifestyle etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment