Tuesday 20 January 2015

Cinema trip Tuesday's


I love watching movies and I particularly love watching movies at the cinema. My first experience of the cinema, in theory, should have put me off for life (why play Hercules so loud Port Solent cinema?) but alas it did not. The cinema is just one of my favourite places, maybe that sounds a bit weird and nerdy but it's true. Don't get me wrong I love curling up on the couch with a blanket and some chocolate to watch a movie, but nothing quite beats going to the cinema to see a new release. 

A cinema trip is expensive though. I know it probably comes down to a rise in movie piracy and therefore a decrease in attendance to movies or something like that, but me as backpacker me cannot afford an average trip to the cinema. Even if I ditch the popcorn, which is a big deal, it's still a pricey night out. 

However, I've found that cinemas we've been local to recently (Bunbury in WA and Grafton in NSW) offer a cheap Tuesday movie viewing. All the regular movies and a discounted price, and no concessions. This has definitely made going to the cinema slightly more enjoyable (no guilt for spending money) and also a more frequent occurrence for Jack and I. 

Over the last couple of months we've been to the cinema more times than I did in the whole of 2014. I kid you not. 

In the next few weeks I'm hoping to get a couple of reviews up of the last two movies I've seen as the rest were so long ago it's unfair to decide to review them now, I can't really remember all the details. But as movies are something I really enjoy, I feel they'd be a welcome part on the blog for me and hopefully for you too.

What films have you been to see recently and what would you recommend I see next?

Until Friday...





No comments:

Post a Comment