Monday 5 January 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR!


Wow! A whole year of this little blog existing and I never thought it would have had as many views as it has or that I'd even be blogging, semi-regularly, a year on. By this time last year I'd written five blog posts, I had tickets to get out to Australia and I was about to undergo a journalism course.

Oh how things have changed. I've now written 124 blog posts on various topics, I've been travelling and working in Australia for seven months and I'm now a gold standard qualified journalist. Wow! The past year has been rather amazing in so many ways. I've done things I'd never thought I'd do i.e. travel to Australia and work on farms for five months. I've learned a lot about myself, who I want to be and what I want to do. And I've learned that the longer you sit moping around about something you can't change the more you're missing out on. 

Later in the week I'm going to be posting my New Years Resolutions. Last years where largely successful. I definitely learned the benefits of being healthier, even if whilst travelling I haven't been the healthiest I know I feel a lot better when I am being healthy and active. I worry less, that's not to say I never worry because I definitely do but it's definitely not as much as before. I've seen more of the world than I'd ever thought I would have done a few years ago and I've definitely got the travel bug. I don't think there's been much of 2014 that I haven't enjoyed to the absolute fullest.

2015 is here now and I'm taking what I've learned and applying it to every aspect of this year. It's really time to grab the year by it's balls and go for it. 

I've already started conquering my fear of boats so it can only go up from there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment