Tuesday 27 January 2015

Getting some 'me' time


Every now and again we all need a good pamper night. An hour out of the day to spend some time on yourself making yourself feel great. Pampering your skin, your hair and just generally yourself. This is something I strongly believe in and when I'm back home Sunday evenings were always set aside for a hot bubble bath, a hair mask, a face mask and a mani-pedi. However, whilst travelling it's hard to find the luxuries and the time. 

Luckily we've been staying in friends of Jack's house and I've had a bit more time and the peace and quiet, and nice clean sheets to enjoy a pamper session. Aside from the hot bubble bath everything else was as such and in this post I'm going to give you a few tips to make sure your pamper night is just splendid, I'm talking Sanctuary Spa style, okay maybe not but as good as.

First step, wash your hair. But not in the shower or in the bath. Wash your hair over the bath and leave the conditioner in until the last moment. Let your hair really drink up the conditioner to get it feeling lush and silky like it should.

Whilst your hair is enjoying it's moment pop on a face mask, I really like the Montagne Jeunesse range and often pick different ones up. You can get masks and peels for all types of skin and they always make my face and neck feel great afterwards. Have a look online for which one you think would suit you best but you can pick them up in most drug stores. Once you've applied the mask to your face and neck sit back and relax with a good book or favourite TV show for about 15 minutes. 

A face mask is a great way to really cleanse your skin of the wake and make you feel like a brand new person. Use on a Sunday and feel great for the week ahead. 

Once my 15 minutes is up I wash the face mask off gently with a soft wash cloth so as not to over exfoliate. If the pores on my nose are particularly clogged, which is a problem for me, I'll use a Biore pore strip just to rid of the remaining dirt. I wouldn't recommend them unless you really suffer with clogged pores as they can rip the skin and sometimes make problems worse, but if you really feel you need them only use them as a last resort. 

Once all that's done I cleanse and tone my face as normal. At the moment I'm using the Garnier micellar water and soothing toner which I love, however the toner isn't available anymore but I'd recommend the refreshing toner in it's place. I gave up face wipes along time ago after reading a lot of horror stories about what they actually do to your skin and the dirt on it, but particularly for a pamper night try and avoid them to really give your skin the drink and attention it needs.

Of course as always I follow the skin regime with a good moisturiser. I'm particularly enjoying the L'Oreal skin perfection moisturiser at the moment and have found it really lives up to it's title. My skins much better for it and looks so much clearer and fresh after using it. 

Once I've done all I want to with my face I move onto the mani-pedi. Obviously I remove any leftover nail varnish and then give my feet a good scrub with Body Shop's peppermint foot scrub. It's really great and getting rid of all the dry skin and it repairs all the damage you might have. I then moisturise my feet and hands with whichever hand cream I'm using at the moment. Then comes the fun bit. I prep my nails with the four way buffer block you can get at most drug stores. I always push my cuticles back and then use a base coat before painting my nails with a polish of my fancy. Because its summer here at the moment I'm loving bright colours and sparkle. 

I find freshly painted nails make me feel great. I like having my nails done and they make me feel more together and ready for the day. 

Next I moisturise my whole body with a body butter. I really like the N Spa body butters as they're really thick and creamy and make my skin feel really hydrated. For me this is key to a pamper night. It's something I always forget so when I have the time I really like to make sure I don't forget this step. Also these body butters smell great and are relatively cheap.

Lastly wash out your conditioner and revel in the lush feeling of your locks.

I hope you enjoy pampering yourself, let me know if you do in the comments below.

Until Friday, 



No comments:

Post a Comment