Friday 4 March 2016

The TBR jar #2


I got to the end of 'Notes from a Big Country' by Bill Bryson on Wednesday, and it's fair to say it took me a lot longer to read than I had anticipated.

The book was an enjoyable and despite it taking me way longer than I thought it would, it was a fun easy read. At times it felt a little dull and monotonous and I found I couldn't read it for more than about 30 minutes at a time which is probably why it took so long to read. 

It's probably something that should be read every now and again rather than all in one go like I did. However, it is a really good book for reading on public transport and before bed as the chapters, or columns, are short and sweet so you don't have to read too much before feeling as if you've completed a chapter.

So on Wednesday I picked out the next TBR star from my TBR jar and the book I'll be reading next is Divergent by Veronica Roth.

I realise I am very late to the party on this one as the final book is due to be released as a movie this year. I picked this book up ages ago with the intention of reading it before the film was released, but clearly never got around to that. I am concerned that I'm not going to enjoy it as much as I thought I might as I think maybe it's a book suffering from over-hype. However I'm excited to try it and see what it's about as somehow or another I've managed to avoid all spoilers and have no idea what the premise even is for this one. 

Until next time, 







No comments:

Post a Comment