Wednesday 16 March 2016

The TBR Jar #3

TBR Jar

This whole TBR jar thing has definitely got me back in the swing of reading again. I've read four books in just over two months which, when you consider, I read that in about six months last year isn't bad going. 

I finished 'Divergent' by Veronica Roth on Monday and after finishing it on the bus on the way home my first thought when I walked through the door was getting to my next TBR star. I enjoyed Divergent. It was what I was expecting but still had some surprises. It was very obviously a YA book and you couldn't get away from the fact that some of the twists were quite obvious. However, there were parts that I didn't like. But I'll save that for a full review another time.

My third star from my TBR jar is.... drum roll please

The Marble Collector by Cecelia Ahern.

I love Ahern's novels. They're books I turn to when I'm lost for what to read, in a reading slump or looking for something comfortable and homely. They're proper old school chick lit. But in the best way and I love the feeling of reading her books.

I started reading this on the plane home but just couldn't get into reading it. So I'm glad to be trying again now when I'm back into the swing of reading. I'm interested by this one because it sounds different to the other books I've read of hers. So far, and by that I mean the first three chapters, the book doesn't seem to be about a romantic interest. I'm looking forward to delving in and seeing what it's all about. Especially with the sun coming out because Ahern's books are prefect spring and summer reading. 

Let me know what you're reading at the moment.

Until next time, 

No comments:

Post a Comment