Wednesday 1 January 2014

2014 Reads (Well Before I Fly To Australia Reads) | Wednesday Reads









So on May 11th this year I fly to Australia for a minimum of three months, and as book obsessed, reading obsessed, whichever you prefer, human being the thought of not taking books with me would be terrifying. However, thanks to the wonders of the twenty first century, though apparently still unable to devise a way of not loosing signal when in a tunnel, weight restrictions no longer pose a threat to readers. Thanks to devices such as kindles, I will be able to take a library's worth of books and not have to worry about it putting my luggage overweight.

However, I have a vast collection of physical books on my shelf, bought and neglected for months that I really want to get round to and not leave to collect dust whilst I'm in Australia. For this reason I have devised a plan. I aim to read about 70-80% of my physical book collection before I venture off to Australia. As it is the 1st January today, that gives me exactly four months and eleven days to read eighteen books. Definitely doable.

So for all who are interested in what I will be reading, in no particular order (don't confuse me for Dermot O'Leary now), here is my 'list of books to read before Australia'.

1) Bill Bryson, The Complete Notes
2) Paul Stewart & Chris Riddell, Muddle Earth
3) John Grogan, Marley & Me
4) Michael Morpugo, War Horse
5) Sarah Addison Allen, Garden Spells
6) Chris Womersly, Bereft
7) Sebastian Faulks, A Week In December
8) George Orwell, 1984
9) Rainbow Rowell, Eleanor & Park
10) Veronica Roth, Divergent
11) J.D Salinger, Catcher in the Rye
12) Sebastian Faulks, Charlotte Grey
13) Sue Townsend, Number 10
14) Cecelia Ahern, P.S I Love You
15) Cecelia Ahern, The Gift (will probably change this one as I don't want to read this when it's not Christmas time)
16) Jane Austen, Mansfield Park
17) Charles Dickens, Oliver Twist
18) Caitlin Moran, How to be A Woman

So that's my list, 18 books long, 4 months to do it in. I think I can do it, I've purposefully chosen largely easy reads as I know I'm going to be ridiculously busy up until my departure date but I'm determined to get them all read before I leave so my bookshelf is ready to restock once I return. I will keep you updated with my progress every Wednesday Reads.

So until next week, let's crack on!

Oh and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment