Thursday 2 January 2014

Resolutions | Thursday Talks




If you honestly thought that the first Thursday Talks after New Years was going to be focused on any other topic other than New Years Resolutions, you have seriously misunderstood both me and this blog. A) I am a seriously lazy human being, you're lucky you even got an image at the beginning of this post, and so thinking of something obscure to post about, especially on the second day of the new year, was out of the question. B) This is a blog aimed at entertaining as many people as possible, and I don't know a soul who doesn't love hearing someone's New Years Resolutions, either to will them on or secretly laughing knowing failure is at the end of January. Either way here are my New Years Resolutions for entertainment of your choice.

1) BE HEALTHIER
It was obvious wasn't it? Who doesn't have this on their new years resolution list. After Christmas we all feel a little like we need to be healthier, but two weeks into January we're not sure it was a good idea. However, this year I'm determined. I was running more towards the end 2013 (and no not towards a free buffet, or away from a mass murderer, out of choice) and I want to re-light that energetic spark, combine it with some bedroom pilates (no I'm not being rude, I mean a DVD or internet series or something), and healthy eating. I will be bikini ready by May.

2) DON'T WORRY SO MUCH
Anyone who knows me knows I have a tendency to over think, over stress and over worry about anything and everything. Not only is, I am sure, infuriating for those around me to have to keep calming me down and reassuring me, it does very little in the way of my own happiness. This year I aim, as every year, to improve further on this. (Yes Jack, if you're reading this, this means in 2012 I was even more of a worrier than I was this year). I will not let things get me all worked up so easily, deep breaths, relaxing thoughts, calm. The way forward.

3) SEE MORE OF THE WORLD (or at least plan too) 
I want to see so many places it's ridiculous. I would go anywhere and everywhere just to soak in a little bit more of the world. I'm already going to Australia in May for goodness knows how long, but with that I hope will come the oppurtunity to see other places. New Zealand and Thailand are top of the list, but as Australia is likely to take up a large part of the year, and a large part of my funds, it may be that this year will just be planning to see more of the world. Maybe Canada, South America, Kenya. Too many places too little time.

4) (Finally) ENJOY MYSELF
As I am an anxious person just by nature, I often find I let things pass me by without really enjoying them, often seeing how things could go badly rather than how well they're going and enjoying that moment. This year I want to enjoy things more, want I'm doing, the company I'm keeping, what I'm experiencing. Rather than focusing on the future, focusing on the now and enjoying that. A bit of a deep one, but an important one.

So they're my New Years Resolutions, hopefully I'll stick to them, I suppose we'll find out next year.

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment