Friday 17 January 2014

The Last Week Of No Alarms | Weekly Wrap Up #3


This week has definitely been the busiest since the beginning of 2014, and boy can I feel it. I've been getting into bed earlier and taking a lot more hot bubble baths to soothe aching limbs. I know, however, it's going to be a hell of a lot busier from next week and I won't even have time for bubble baths. So this week as been the last week of no alarms. Next week starts the fourteen week long, intensive NCTJ course (National Course for the Training of Journalists) and with that comes the return of the dreaded 6 am starts. Not fun when you've been hiding under your duvet until 10am for the previous six weeks. It will be like the end of summer holidays again, only without the sun and less of a tan.

So the week began with a reunion with Jack's family who have returned from Australia a Jack down. It was a bit weird seeing them all together without Jack but it was still lovely to see them all and here all about their adventures. They all looked lovely and sunkissed, instant jealousy which was only added to by seeing photos of all the amazing things they've been up to and all the places they've been. If nothing else, seeing all of it only made me twenty million times more excited to get out there in May. It's definitely good to have them all back if only they hadn't had to leave a certain ginger in Brisbane.

This week was my last week at home, as in weekdays. Normally, me and my Dad spend Mondays going on adventures in the local area, armed with our cameras and our costa card. My Dad is definitely the one who really got me into photography and is still teaching me different tips and tricks when it comes to cameras and taking photos. This week we didn't go as far a field as we often do, but we didn't need to to get some awesome pictures of the flooding in the local area that's occurred due to the intense rain and wind we've had recently. We wandered down to Amberley, a very small village past Arundel. The whole village runs alongside the river and as such most of the river banks were sodden and a lot of the fields looked more like muddy swimming pools. It was good to get out in the, very, fresh air and get some photos of it all.

I got a bit crafty this week, which was fun. I decided I wanted to make a wash bag for my travels. I don't have any wash bags that are big enough to hold both shower things and skincare things so in such a predicament it was obvious to buy too squares of material and sew them together, put some shoelaces through and call it a drawstring washbag. Obviously I sewed the word 'wash' on it for good measure and to avoid confusion with a kit bag. My Nana helped me out with this though, I'm not the most apt with a sewing machine, it tends to run away with me and due to my clumsiness doesn't always look so neat. However, my Nana is more than apt with a sewing machine so we came to agreement, I pinned, cut and made sandwiches and she sewed. Results, brilliant. Blog post pending.

The keeping fit and healthy has been going well this week. I'm two runs into the couch to 5k programme on the NHS (interested, find it here) and will do the third one of the first week today. It's going well and can definitely feel it getting easier. It's not been too tricky because I did running anyway but I can already tell it's going to get harder as I get further into the nine weeks. Don't worry I'll keep you updated on how I'm doing. I also did A LOT of walking this week, nearly every day, which has definitely helped. I find walking not only makes me feel like I've done something with my day, even if I haven't, but also helps me clear my mind.

I've also tried out a few different healthy recipes, the first some protein pancakes that I found on one of Gemma of Gemsmaquillage food diaries. They were delicious and super filling. I also broached an omelette for the first time in years. I've been avoiding them due to the texture. I'm a bit of a weird texture-phobe when it comes to food and omelette has always been pretty near to the top of my list of things with weird texture (along with creme brulee and rice pudding). However, I gave it a go cause I'd seem a lot of people tucking into them on food blogs and they looked quite good topped with yummy vegetables and they're very protein full which is a win. I topped mine with tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers, olives and spicy cheese. To my surprise I loved it.

Overall, my week was a good one. I was pretty productive and all resolutions are still on an upwards trajectory. Positive week I think.

So here's to an equally positive weekend, and I'll be back Monday.
Have a good weekend all.

No comments:

Post a Comment