Tuesday 21 January 2014

Travel On A Small Scale | Tuesday Travels


Suitcase packing, a long trip, a new bed can only mean one thing right? No I haven't snuck off to Australia early, I've temporarily moved out. By moved out I mean I'm staying at my uncles during the week for the next three months whilst I do a course in Brighton. So I haven't really moved out I've just changed location for convenience. I don't know what you call that but I'm not typing that description out every time we come to it.

I did my temporary, weekday move (does that work or still to long?) Sunday evening after a full on day of packing, walking and eating. I think it was the busiest day I've had in a long time and I could have done with one of my 10am lie ins on Monday morning, but instead I had a 6am alarm set. Oh the joys.

Anyway, all of this is in aid of my NCTJ course (National Council for the Training of Journalists, for more info click here). I started yesterday and despite the obvious, anxious nerves it all went swimmingly. The people were lovely, the course sounds as exciting as I remember, and by the end of the day, no nerves. Success on all fronts. Essentially for the next three months I'll be studying all the key aspects of journalism so some newspaper, magazine or online publication will hire me no questions asked. Yeah, like that's ever going to happen.

Either way it's all been very exciting and I've only done one day. Sure it's all a bit scary and new and the anxious overthinker inside me is screaming 'runaway, it's scary' but I'm enjoying it and focusing on all the positives and all the things I'm enjoying about it.

You may have gathered today hasn't been a travel post in the same way they normally are. But, what I'm trying to get across is you don't have to travel half way around the world to experience new and exciting things, in fact forty minutes up the road does it quite nicely. This isn't going to be how Tuesday Travel's will remain, but the odd one may pop up now and again.

After all, there's only so much I can say about Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment