Monday 13 January 2014

The Doors Will Be Opened To Those Who Are Bold Enough To Knock | Motivational Monday

So you may remember last Monday, my motivation was aimed more towards myself (click here if confused). I chose one of my the new year resolutions I set out for myself and aimed to get started on it. Last week I chose the 'worry less' resolution, focusing on not over thinking, worrying less and getting less anxious. Overall, I feel I was successful (a few very minor hiccups, but generally more positive). I definitely feel writing it down and setting out to get it done definitely kept me motivated and therefore I've decided to bring a little change of format into Motivational Monday.

From now on, every other week the Motivational Monday post will be about me seeing through my New Years Resolutions (if you're not sure what they are click here) and the others will be a motivational thought to get your Monday, and consequently, week off to a good and positive start. 

I hope you enjoy the new set up, so here we go with some motivation to get you out of bed and get going for the Monday, and again, week ahead. 



So on a Monday morning, especially in Britain with the weather like it is at the moment, it's easy to get up in the morning and feel like the easiest way to get through the day is going to be to sink into the background and not get noticed. However, doing that will not achieve anything. 

Whatever you're doing today, do it to the best of your ability, do it the best you've ever done it. You may not get any verbal praise from another person but knowing you've put your best in will make you feel good. And you never know, your boss, teacher, colleague, whoever, might really praise you for it. It may also be something that will help somebody else's monday go well, and the gratitude they'll have for you will make your Monday all the better.

So today, no matter how much you'd rather pull the duvet back over your head, face the tasks of the day and aim to do them so well that you'll get the praise you deserve for them. 






No comments:

Post a Comment