Friday 3 January 2014

The First Week of 2014 | Weekly Wrap Up #1


This week saw 2013 end and 2014 begin. I had a wonderful 2013, particularly the last six months of it, but I am glad to get started on 2014 as I feel things could really begin kicking of for me this year and I've got a lot of big things planned that I'm very excited about. But less about this and more about this week.

I had my lovely girlies over for dinner on Sunday for a catch up and a bit of a farewell. Most of them are at uni and might not be home again before I go to Australia so it was a tad emotional but it was nice to catch up. We had a bit of a casual dinner party, but mainly had lots of laughs and fun. Look out for a post on how to hold a successful dinner party later this week.

New Years Eve was relatively quiet for me this year. Due to lack of money I couldn't really afford to go out so I spent it indoors with my family, having drinks and playing games. It was a lovely way to see 2013 out especially seeing as I won't be seeing them as much this year.  We spend New Years day largely cold and wet, due by Dad and brother having signed up for the New Years Day dip in aid of my brother's rugby tour. It was definitely a laugh, but more so cold and wet both on their part and my part. Taking photos in pouring rain was definitely not the best way to spend the first morning of 2014, but it was definitely memorable.

I also purchased some new running shoes this week which arrived yesterday morning, very excited I was. I love them. Their New Balances and I got mine from T.K Maxx for £25, bargain I think you'll agree. Definitely check out your local store or have sneaky peek online if you're thinking of getting some new running gear as they had some great deals.

I also went and bought some fabric yesterday for a project I have in mind which I'll hopefully start next week. It's not so much a project, more a crafty DIY that I'll definitely be sharing with you in the near future. Something a little different for the blog and also something for me to try out.

Today I'm having the traditional New Year clear out. Wardrobes, drawers, folders are all in line for the sorting today. I like having a good clear out once a year, I hate junk and so having a proper clear out is always relatively stress relieving for me, so a blog post about this may be coming up soon also. It will also give me a chance to see what I've got and work out if I need to buy anything new for Australia. I'm hoping not due to limited funds but we'll see.

So that was my first week of 2014, off to a good start and relatively productive. Fingers crossed it continues in the same way. Hope your first week of 2014 went just as well, and I'll be back on Monday, enjoy your weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment