Thursday 30 January 2014

Quick & Easy Everyday Makeup | Thursday Talks


This probably seems a bit out of place to a lot of you as this sort of thing doesn't really fit with the rest of my blog posts. However, anyone who knows me knows that I have a whole cabinet of drawers in my room full of makeup and skincare products, and spend far too many nights, reaching ridiculous hours of the morning, reading beauty blogs and watching beauty YouTube videos. Through all this reading and watching I've picked up a few little tips, though I am by no means an expert, and also found a way of doing make up so that I like the way it looks but also so it doesn't take half an hour in the morning. I spend no more than 15 minutes doing my make up on an average day, particularly at the moment when I have to get up early enough to catch a bus and will not let my make up routine be the reason I get up any earlier.

All the products I use are drugstore products, with make up I haven't found anything in high end brands (apart from the YSL Touche Eclat and Nars Sheer Glow Foundation) that I haven't been able to find good equivalents of in the drugstore. I am a firm believer, however, that when it comes to skincare a couple of high end products can go along way, though my views are changing slightly. You'll never take my Clinique Cleansing Facial Wash from me, no matter what.

My base is very simple. I haven't got time for powders or primers in the morning so I just use a foundation and concealer. As of late, my foundation of choice as been the Revlon Nearly Naked in Vanilla. However, it's sadly come to it's life's end and in a bid not to buy any more foundation until I've used up my stash I'm now using L'Oreal's Visible Lift. Out of the two I definitely prefer the Revlon, it's got a much more sheer finish and doesn't feel too heavy on my skin, which the L'Oreal tends too if I'm not being careful. Once I've used up my stocks I'll definitely be repurchasing the Nearly Naked foundation. On the concealer front, I use an all time beauty blogger favourite. The Collection Lasting Perfection concealer. For £4.19 it's a steal. It has great coverage without looking cakey. It's more of a blemish covering concealer than an undereye, but for everyday quickness it does the job of both just fine. Just be careful not to overdo it under the eyes. However, if you have time to use two different concealers in the morning (I envy you) then purchasing the Bourjois Healthy Mix concealer will be a good investment. I apply all of my base with a Real Techniques Buffing Brush and actually do my concealer largely with my finger.

I don't tend to colour my eyebrows everyday but if I'm going to I only use a Rimmel eyebrow pencil in Hazel after brushing them through with my Eco-Tools brow brush. On my cheeks I use the Body Shop Baked to Last bronzer in the shade warm glow and I apply it wit the Real Techniques Powder Brush. This bronzer is great for paler skin tones. It's not a flat bronzer, so you can't really contour it but the muted bronze shimmer and multi-tonal aspects of it means it blends in easily giving you healthy glow without looking like you've just left the set of Geordie Shore.

My eye make up is super simple for everyday. I change it up occasionally, sometimes I use brown liner, sometimes a cat eye, sometimes neutral eyeshadows but on the whole I opt for a muted purple with a brown line on my upper and lower lash line. Purple is really great for people with green eyes, it really makes them pop. I use a berry toned purple from my Virgin Vie Blooming Beauties Pallette (no longer available but thing Mac Da Bling), almost hinting towards brown so I don't look like Co-Co the Clown, but the purple is still clearly there. I apply my eyeshadow with my finger, unless I'm using more than one colour I don't find it necessary to use a brush. I then line my upper and lower last line using the Eco-Tools eyeliner brush and the darkest brown out of my MUA Heaven and Earth Palette.

To finish I just simply swipe my lips with my Carmex lip balm to make sure my lips are moisturised and top with the I love... lip balm in raspberry and blackberry.

All very neutral.

That's it, simple, quick and cheap. Perfect for when you've got to get out of the house relatively quickly without too much hassle. Hope this helps get your morning make up routine a little quicker and maybe give you some ideas for things you could add or take out. If you've got any tips for me, definitely let me know in the comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment