Wednesday 9 April 2014

Admitting Defeat | Wednesday Reads



Back in January I created a post called 'Before I fly to Aus reads'. Oh how naive I was. I listed 18 books that I wanted to read in the time before I flew to Australia. They're all paper/hardback books from my shelf as I won't be taking any of those to Australia with me, only my kindle, so I wanted to clear as many books from my shelf as 'read' before Aus, as I could.

Normally 18 books in four months would be a breeze for me. In fact normally I'd probably have time to spare. However, normally I'm not undertaking an intensive, fast track NCTJ diploma. And there we have the issue.

In January I knew the course would be time consuming but I didn't know it would be that time consuming. I knew I'd be there 9-5 everyday but I didn't know I'd come home and have to work until 11 every night just to try and keep up with the work load. A lot of people say 'oh I don't have time to read' and that's fair enough and I now fully understand that.

The only time I'm not working is when I'm eating, and that is not a lie. I literally don't have a spare minute away from work. I take half an hour a day away to workout but I can't find it in me to take another half an hour to read. Boy I've changed.

However, it doest upset me. I'd love to be rampaging through that list a book a week but within three days of the course I knew that couldn't happen. I am so looking forward to getting on that plane and reading two or three books, a to keep me awake so I don't get jet lagged and b to make up for lost time.

So here's to 11th May onwards for getting reading done and completing my reading resolutions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment