Wednesday 16 April 2014

Classics TBR | Wednesday Reads


I have a lot of 'classics' on my shelf that need to be read but I have a few I want to get to sooner than others. A few are hard copy books but I have a Kindle and on a Kindle a lot of old classics are free due to copyright only lasting so long after the author has died. This means I have an always growing list of classics on Kindle that really need to be read. In this post I am mainly talking about old classics, though I have a lot of love for modern classics this isn't what this is.

Charles Dickens - Oliver Twist.
My dad is a massive Charles Dickens fan, I suppose you could call him a Dickens fanboy. He's forever telling me to read more Dickens and so far the only one I've read is 'Great Expectations'. On my shelf I have the most beautiful copy of Oliver Twist that he gave me and I'm determined to get around to it this year.

Mansfield Park - Jane Austen
I've read a fair few of Austen's works now and Mansfield Park is the only one I own that is still to be read. Therefore, I want to get this one read pretty soon so I can add to my Austen collection some more.

Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
My aim is to read a book by every Bronte sister. I've read Wuthering Heights and it fast became my favourite classic so far. I've heard a lot of good things about Jane Eyre so I'm looking forward to ticking Charlotte of my Bronte list.

1984 - George Orwell
A book that has been sat, staring me down, literally, for a year now. I bought this last spring and have been meaning to get round to it since but haven't yet. Obviously. I genuinely really want to read this as I've heard so many good things about it and it will be my first dystopian novel, yes I've avoided them this long so far, but what a way to get into the genre.

Catcher in the Rye - JD Salinger
Another one that's been on my shelf for a while. I bought this mainly because I loved the copy I found and it was something I'd been planning on getting round to. But when I got it home on my shelf it's just sat there. I plan to get round to it soon and get ti ticked off the list.

So that's it for now, they're the classics that I most want to get round to next but not necessarily in that order, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment