Friday 7 February 2014

Back In The Swing Of Things | Finally Friday

It was another busy one this week but I feel I was more on top of it all. Blog posts, and not crap last minute thoughtless ones, went up everyday and I tweeted like a trooper at Brighton Journalist Works' recommendation. Shorthand was as confusing as it ever is, but it's getting better, definitely better. I suppose it could never have got worse. I've been keeping on top of it, completing homework assignments and going over each unit after we've done it to consolidate. I'll be honest I'm a little shorthanded out this week. However, saying that I can definitely see why they advice an hour a day practice, it would just be running away without me, faster than it already it if I wasn't practicing.

Skies appeared to blue and bright at the beginning of the week but it all went downhill from there. The weather has been atrocious and even venturing outside for a brie and bacon sarnie from Asda, along with the greatly chosen packet of skips, became an Indiana Jones style mission as we avoided passing cars who didn't seem to realise the road was partially flooded and driving at more than 5mph was causing water to go everywhere. Luckily the sandwich and crisp choice made it worth it. The skips being particularly appreciated by my taste buds.

I nearly ran out of carmex this week. Not very interesting I know however it's the first lip balm I've ever completely finished and will definitely be repurchasing. Although I didn't purchase the first one rather stole it from Jack before he left. It's lasted a fair while I think although he's under the impression it should have lasted me another couple of months. Clearly he doesn't understand.

I got a bit of reading in this week which was good. Cheered me up getting four chapters into Charlotte Gray, which may I say I'm loving so far. Despite what I said about Faulks in my reading expectations post it is possible he could become my favourite author if he keeps this up. You never know I might actually get a review of a book up on here at some point for a Wednesday Reads but let's not hold our breath.

Mum sent me another care package this week. Last week gloves, this week mini eggs. Don't get me wrong the gloves were good and much appreciated but the mini eggs were just the dogs bollocks. You never know, the way things are going, next week could be even better. Gold star for mum on that one.

Now onto the little fella in the picture. Meet Alfie a frequent visitor to my room, particularly when mini eggs are involved (he doesn't get any, no one gets any mini eggs from me). However, this week I came out of the shower to my room to find him on my bed in a knitted jumper. Heart melt. He's such a sweet heart if a little doolally and he needs to learn that licking my face after he's just eaten dog food that smells like rotten bins is not appropriate behaviour.

So that was my week, hope you all had a good week and enjoy a good weekend.

Until Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment