Wednesday 26 February 2014

#Shelfie | Wednesday Reads


You've all heard of the word 'selfie' and if you haven't where's that rock you've been hiding under because I want piece of that blissful ignorance.Anyway the book world has taken it upon themselves to make the selfie hashtag much more book related by installing a 'h' and creating 'shelfie'. Essentially a photograph of your shelves.

These untidy calamites are my bookshelves, though not all my books are on these shelves. I have books in drawers, books in boxes, books in the loft, books everywhere - oh how I long for the day when I can have as many bookshelves as necessary to house all my books. The books on my shelves are a collection of my favourite books, the books I studied at school, the books I'm reading at the moment and the books I'm yet to read. 

Harry Potter is virtually central to my bookshelf and yes I do have a mixture of the original and adult cover, yes it does bug me, yes I do have to fight the urge on a weekly basis to re buy the whole series so they match. To the left of Harry Potter collection you'll find my English literature class books: Miller's 'A Death of a Salesman', Bronte's 'Wuthering Heights', Bradley's 'Shakespearean Tragedy' but to name a few, topped with a few random ones that kept falling from the top shelf, Moran's 'How to be a Woman' and Downham's 'Before I die', and my kindle (I'm not going to name all the titles on my kindle. To the right of potter is a few of my favourites, Green's 'Looking for Alaska', Austen's 'Pride and Prejudice', Youngs 'My Dear I Wanted to Tell You', among others, and the beast that is 'The Magicians Apprentice' that I really want to get through. 

The top shelf is largely books I'm intending on reading though Bryson's 'The Complete Notes' lives there as it is huge and I'm currently half way through but taking a break, there's a few up there that I've read but meant too much to put away, Stockett's 'The Help', Green's 'The Fault in Our Stars', and others that I've read, not enjoyed but have become a pillar for other books to rest on cough Rowling's 'A Casual Vacancy'.

All the books on my Australia To Read List are housed on my top shelf so if you want to know what's up there check that post out.

So that's a run down of my bookshelves, if you have a book shelf share your pictures with the hashtag #shelfie you might even find some inspiration of you have shelves and books but no idea how to organise. Personally I think bookshelves organised by colour look awesome and one day that will be how my books will be organised, but for now piles and stacks with no rhyme or reason is the look I'm going for.

1 comment: