Friday 28 February 2014

A busier week than I realised | Finally Friday


When I started thinking about today's post I couldn't really remember what I'd done this week and didn't really feel liked I'd done a lot. Then I looked through my phone at the photos I'd taken this week and realised I'd done more than I thought. Time is just going by so quickly I lost half my week somewhere.

The weekend was, although relaxed, busy in a good way. I spent Saturday walking around the local village of Steyning with my mum. It was nice just to wander around in the sun and not think about college for a while. We spend too much time admiring sweets in the traditional sweet shop, too much time fawning over the first sunflowers I've seen this year and ate cake. A good day I think you'll agree.

I also went to see 12 Years a Slave this weekend with my family as our hyperlocal cinema has re-opened and is charging over the odds to see a film that all the other cinemas screened weeks ago. But I think it's pretty clear that it was the must see of this movie season so we couldn't resist. It was really good in a way that can't be described as enjoyable because it was disturbing and though provoking and heart wrenching but amazingly made and brilliant because of all those things. I made my own popcorn and definitely read the recipe wrong because I've been eating popcorn all week and still have half a tub left. 

Sunday was a chilled day. I got work done, packed for the week and spoke to Jack for a good few hours while everyone else was at rugby. Me and mum took the dog for what turned into a very muddy walk forcing Molly to be sat in the footwell on the way home, something, as you can see by the look on her face, she hates. Sunday ended with roast beef, my second favourite way to end a Sunday, my first being roast lamb. A good weekend all round.

This week has been intense. I started revision for my law mock. It feels like I've only just started learning and already I'm revising. Pulling out the coloured pens was a bit nostalgic as I flashed back to A-Level days drawing endless mind maps. I also made a nifty fake front page in production which I loved doing and am really proud of as it's something I've never done before. Might look easy, it's not. But this type of journalism, known as sub-editing, seems as of yet the most up my street. 

We went to crown court this week which is in Lewes. If you're in the area go for a wander, especially if it's sunny. It's an historic town complete with castle, cobbled pavements and coffee shops to your hearts content. I took Katie for mini tour of the town after court and after food obviously and she seemed to quite like the place. Again, it was nice just to get away from the dead end of Hollingbury for a morning and enjoy the sunshine. Court itself was dreadfully boring. If you want your mind to be numbed by an hour and a half of a dreary judge re-reading evidence to a jury from a two week long court case go along to the verdict day of a murder trial. We were all under the impression it was going to be exciting and make a great story neither of which ended up being true. The most exciting part of it all was realising I know the family on trial as they're quite notorious around my parts and realising I'd heard all about the incident a few months ago. 

I've been making salads this week and I've been enjoying them. I've changed them up each day but my favourite was definitely Monday's. Feta, spinach, rocket, tomatoes, cucumber and pomegranate seeds with a balsamic and chilli oil dressing. Fantastic. I've also got myself a new desk. My carpet. I've found sitting on the floor and working is much easier than on the bed so that's what I'm going for due to lack of dining room table/actual desk at my uncles.

It's my dad's birthday so this evening I'll be enjoying a fish & chips supper. Thank god I need some grease in my life at the moment. And probably a cider or two. 

So that was my week. A pretty busy one, hope your week was enjoyable and enjoy your weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment