Monday 3 February 2014

The World Is A Book And Those Who Don't Travel Read Only One Page | Motivational Monday


This week is another week where I aim the motivation at me, and clearly I should have thought about this more when I suggested every other week being a week where I could motivate myself to get on with a New Years Resolutions. My third resolution was to travel more. Clearly I can't actually do a lot about that at the moment. I haven't got the money to go spending on more trips other than that very big one that's happening three months and nine days from now. However, I have got somethings I need to do in terms of Australia so I thought maybe this week could be the week to get that done.

Jack got a car/van/wagon/rust bucket this weekend just gone and so now we know we can officially drive across the country to Perth, which is what we really wanted to do. However, it may be clear from my post the other week that as of yet we have no idea where we want to stop, mainly because we didn't know if we'd definitely be able to do it and so didn't want to make loads of plans for a road trip that might not happen. But now that's changed, we can officially start looking into stop over points.

This week I want to do that. I want to end this week having more of an idea of all the places we can stop and see to make the most of the huge road trip we'll be doing across Australia. This sort of covers the travel more part of the resolution. I'll be seeing more of Australia by driving, or by Jack driving, and doing a heck of a lot sitting in a passenger seat.

I wouldn't want to leave Australia thinking 'I wish I'd seen more of it', this way hopefully I won't be thinking it. Hopefully, this way I'll leave Australia knowing I saw as much as I could and got out of it everything I could have done. This week I'll be motivating myself to ensure that's the case.

1 comment:

  1. I love your want to travel more. If you don't have the money to take a trip to another country or distant city, visit a local museum or tour the cities/towns in your area. I found some fascinating local history museums in my town that I had never been to in all the years I have lived here. I will drive around on a nice day and take unique photos for my husband, see things that he may want to see. My husband lives in England, and I am in the US so now I try to appreciate local things, as well as travel and I "bring him with me" if I'm making any sense?

    ReplyDelete