Saturday 22 February 2014

The week I ate the most expensive salad I've ever eaten | Finally Friday

This week was a funny one. I started it a bit down and ended it a bit down. Stress definitely got to me this week but looking back it was quite productive and a good week, in general. It ended on a high, with me feeling a lot less stressed and happier so that's a good thing. I still enjoyed my week so my motivational monday was successful in part, however, I could have enjoyed it more so I think I'll be going back to that one at some point. It's scary to think that when I revisit that particular resolution it will be the penultimate week of my course, so maybe that won't be too successful either but we'll see.

This week 12 of us went to Brighton Museum & Art Gallery to complete the review part of our portfolio's. We went to look at the Subversive Design exhibition they've got on. It was really good and I really liked what they had on display but reviewing it was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I thought it would be relatively easy. I enjoyed what I saw, good sign, and I've written reviews before, experience could come in handy. It didn't. It didn't matter how good I thought what I saw was and how many things I could say about it I couldn't write it down in review form. The 250-300 words we were set sounded like a doddle, it was more like trying to draw blood from a stone trying to get those words out. Finally I got there but I spend the two hours of trying mainly spinning on my chair, chewing my nails and drinking tea in attempt to figure out how I was going to get it done.

I also bought a salad that day. For some reason the wonder that is Pompoko vanished from mine and Katie's mind and we stumbled into Eat defiant we were not heading back to college empty handed forced to surrender to the claws of Asda's sandwiches again. I chose a healthy, vegetarian salad. Falafel, hummus, chilli's, green leaves and all that jazz. And it was delicious. I enjoyed it a lot although I left the scary looking chilli's out of fear that they might destroy my taste buds for life. However, the £5.22 price that was announced to me at the till nearly made me fall over. For a salad. I thought it was some cruel joke. It wasn't. So I paid the money and made a mental note that Eat will only be for me when I'm not a poor student.

I met a new dog this week. Excitement overload. Jack's family have adopted the little fella that has now been called Loki, although the poor thing has gone through Luke, Lucas, Stavros and Milo over the past week. However, he apparently seems to be responding to Loki so is sticking. He's a character and he's adorable. Very excited that him and my second best bitch, Tess, will be coming to stay in April.

It was sunny again at the end of the week, at present it's continuing but I don't hold much hope for this week coming. It was nice, though to get home in daylight and not in rain and to walk out of the flat in the morning and get a dose of vitamin D. Makes me feel more ready for the day and generally people's moods are better. Although when I'm sat at the computer at college answering a reporting question for nearly two hours and I can see the blue skies and sunshine through the blind it does make me sad that I'm not out walking along the seafront in it.

The week ended on a high for me. I spent last night at the rugby club for a quiz night, and obviously to watch the France, Wales game. Any night spent at the rugby club is a good night. Spirits are always high and everyone has a laugh. The pork pie and minstrels I devoured when I got home though suggest I had one too many Koppaberg's as that's not my normal 12am diet. It was good night and a good end to my week.

I hope you all had a good week and enjoy your weekend! Until, next time.

N.B Today I enjoyed the pork pie and minstrels

No comments:

Post a Comment