Tuesday 11 March 2014

The Brisbane Hotel Search: Part 1 | Tuesday Travels


Two months today I will be flying to Brisbane in a few hours. When I land in Brisbane I'll meet Jack and that's as much as we have so far. We know we want to stay in a hotel for the first two nights so we can sort things out and have at least two properly comfortable nights before facing life in the van. 

Hotels, however, are expensive and we don't have a lot of money. If any money. Therefore we have one real requirement:

Cheap.

Obviously, we have other requirements but cost is the first and foremost priority. We'd ideally like to be relatively near the centre and we'd like a wi-fi as we don't know when we'll have it again. However, if it means saving money these things will have to pushed to the sideline. 

I've been given the job of looking into hotels whilst Jack sorts his flights. We're not booking anything but we want to get some idea of what's out there and what price we're talking. At the moment I'm spending about half an hour in the evening flicking between Expedia and TripAdvisor. Two websites that are live savers for this sort of situation. 

I haven't got much to say at the moment apart from, no matter what your budget I'm pretty certain you could find somewhere to stay in Brisbane. By the end of March hopefully we'll have a hotel and I'll be able to give more advice and tips for the process but for now just know I've got all you budding travellers in mind when I come across an annoying niggle, another tip written down in my notebook for you all.

So this is what I'm doing at the moment in terms of travelling plans. We're getting to the last few small things now and they're annoying silly little things but they have to be done so excuse me if I end up rambling about the annoyances of planning big trips at somepoint. 

No comments:

Post a Comment