Monday 31 March 2014

I'm doing this for me | Motivational Monday


Recently I've discovered running is a stress reliever. A half an hour run helps me de-stress, calm down and afterwards I always feel much better. So when someone asks me why I run I say for me. 

I don't run to look good for anyone or to keep up with anyone I run to keep myself feeling good and, let's be honest, to feel sane. And that's the reason you should do anything. 

This is a post aimed at my new years resolution to be healthier but I think there's a general message to all areas of life here. If you're not doing something because you want to - don't do it. Do it for you and for your happiness.

I did start running because I wanted to loose a few pounds, and still have a couple more pounds to lose before I hit my ideal weight but I am so happy with the stress relieving bi-product. Not only has running made me healthier physically but also mentally.

Anyway this week, I'm going to aim to get three runs in, two workouts and possibly a Zumba class of Friday if my mum doesn't flake on me again. Also no snacks between meals. Shall I cry now or later? 

What are you going to do to be healthy this week? 

1 comment:

  1. not doing shorthand. relieves my stress considerably

    ReplyDelete