Saturday 8 March 2014

Week 9, cause I don't know what else to call it | Finally Friday


You've probably noticed that these posts consistently go up on a Saturday morning nowadays, I don't have an excuse apart from that after three hours of shorthand followed by packing and a 45 minute drive home I can't be bothered. I do create the photos on a Friday and know what I'm going to mention I just never get round to writing them up. However, I'm still going to call them Finally Friday's because well, the intention is there.

So this week started with extra birthday celebrations for my Dad. However, I started Saturday morning with a cuppa and some marmalade on toast, and the John Lewis and Waitrose magazine. A good start I think we can agree. I was intending on making my dad a chocolate cake but the Waitrose magazine gave me inspiration and we ended with a fresh cream and strawberry sponge. It went down well and the last slice was made into a shot alongside some rum. Apparently it's a rugby people thing, I think it's a crazy people thing.

Sunday morning we went along to the Cullen's (Jack's family for any confused) for a breakfast. Of course I got to see Loki and Tess which always makes my day. I'm such a loser I know. It was a good breakfast and got to see Jack's aunty and uncle and little cousins before they went back to France which was good. 

This week at college has been ridiculously hectic and stressful. Monday was by far the worst panic day I've had in a long time. I got through it though and sat the mock exam and think (fingers big time crossed) that it went ok. The reporting mock, not so sure. Reporting is by far my worst lesson which probably sounds bizarre when I'm doing a journalism diploma. It's the one I find hardest by far and also a little dull not for lack of a lovely lecturer it's just quite repetitive.

I got to come home in the middle of the week this week which was nice, would have been nicer without the £9.90 ticket. Had a relaxing afternoon that included pancakes and an evening listening to Dr Alan Simmonds talk about Littlehampton (my town) during WW1. In case you've not gathered yet it's the centenary of the beginning of the First World War this year and it's a period of history I'm really interested but have never learned anything about it in this area. It was definitely interesting despite it not quite being what I thought it would be. Hopefully I'll get a story out of it for my portfolio as well.

So that's my week really. Same old, same old apart from the stuff I've mentioned. The weekend looks set to be a good one and the weather is supposedly going to be good so that's a bonus. So until next time, have a good weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment