Tuesday 25 March 2014

The Weather Variabe.2 the packing conundrum | Tuesday Travels



A few weeks ago I wrote a post called 'the weather variable'. That was back in February, remember that month that had passed whilst we blinked. In that post I discussed the Australian weather system, because it's different to ours, in case the time difference, willingness to live with scary beasts and price of a banana wasn't enough for me to deal with. I shared with you how the differing weather systems in Australia meant we could avoid relatively cold weather, though still warm for us Brits, by travelling across the northern parts of the country to Perth and then the southern half back to Brisbane. If you're confused I suggest referring back to said post.

Since then, it's come to my attention that it is not only the travelling itself that will be effected by the weird weather goings on, it will be my backpack contents.

Despite the fact it will hopefully be warmer when we travel norther, it may not be as dry as we'd liked and when you get storms in Aus, you know about it. As Jack keeps reminding me. As such my packing list looks a little less like someone going for a warm working holiday but rather someone who doesn't quite know what to expect. At present it goes, sunglasses, rain coat, after sun, thick socks. My packing list is schizophrenic. Or maybe the Australian weather is.

Either way, it is something I'm having to consider when I decided what I'm taking as I am limited due to the limitations of hiking backpack. I'm not even worrying about weight restrictions as I'm certain I won't be able to get enough in my bag to even get close to it.

When it gets closer to the time, i.e. when my mum stops me wearing certain clothes because she doesn't want to wash them again, then I will give you a better idea of what will be in my backpack. But until then I'm sure you're just as unsure as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment